What's ok to loose?

Options
Hello :) I've lost 9ish lbs in about a week and a half according to the scales but that seems wayyyyy too much to have lost so I'm really confused. I've checked a bazillion times and it's a right reading, I have been eating super well and haven't yet even hit my calorie allowance, I've exercised more and I have a job where I'm always running around anyway but really? 9ishlbs? Is it possible? I expected to have lost around 3 maybe but wow, should I be worried? (Can't deny I'm happy about it)

Replies

• pamfgil
    pamfgil Posts: 449 Member
    Options
    You can lose a lot if it`s your first week, but check that your calorie goal is appropriate, based on your activity level. Remember the amount mfp sets is already a deficit based on your goal.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Its fine, it's water weight
  • suhashmi
    suhashmi Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I lost 4 lbs this week with zero exercise and eating almost 1200 calories so I think you could lose 8 or 9 calories if you were working out. Don't worry too much Welldone
  • suhashmi
    suhashmi Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I meant 8 or 9 lbs
    43501 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    If you've just started and you're quite big, you'll see bigger numbers drop off for the first few weeks (and yes, as other users have noted, some of this is water weight).
  • Azdak
    Azdak Posts: 8,281 Member
    Options
    As others have said, it's at most 1-2 lbs of fat, and the rest is fluid/glycogen (not-fat).

It's a start and it can be a helpful reinforcement. so don't be concerned. However, don't get discouraged if it comes to a sudden halt or even goes up a little. Your body is still sorting itself out in response to the new eating and exercise routine.
  • slaite1
    slaite1 Posts: 1,307 Member
    Options
    Its fine, it's water weight

Yup