Hungry at night

Options
I follow my diet well but at evening or night tym i can't focus on my diet. I start eating whatever i find in my kitchen or fridge.. Thats really upset me coz my whole day process ruin coz of this food cravings

Replies

• PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,596 Member
    Options
    Basically you can either gut it out, or you can manage it.

Gut it out: my diary is closed. I brushed my teeth. End of story.

If you decide to manage it: Leave calories to afford to eat a late night meal. Find go to items that minimize the damage and eat them in preference to other items. Keep logging, it's not a free for all. Stay more or less within your weekly caloric budget overall.
  • Dvdgzz
    Dvdgzz Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    If this is unavoidable, I suggest trying intermittent fasting. I also like to eat before bed so I save calories so that I can have a bowl of cereal before bed. Sleep like a bby.
  • Lovee_Dove7
    Lovee_Dove7 Posts: 742 Member
    Options
    Try increasing your protein and fat intake. Also track fiber and increase your intake of fiber (veggies, flaxseed, chia seed, avocado, beans, legumes). These foods are nourishing and satisfying.

When you lower your carb and sugar intake, you will feel it for about 3 days. If you can hang in there, the cravingswill stop. But in the meantime, if you are hungry, go for a snack that is protein/fat/fiber. Your appetite will level out.
  • suhashmi
    suhashmi Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Eat more carbs
  • cndkendrick
    cndkendrick Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I hate it when I'm lying in bed and suddenly feel hungry. Drink I glass of milk, or 1/4-1/2 of an avocado.
  • JeromeBarry1
    JeromeBarry1 Posts: 10,182 Member
    Options
    I vote for managing it. Plan to have a snack of 200-300 calories between dinner and bedtime, plan exactly what it will be, and have it. I have a 50% fat snack of peanut butter on bread planned after dinner, and I wait as long as I can after dinner to have it, but once I do have it, it satisfies me and I don't go to bed hungry.
  • cerise_noir
    cerise_noir Posts: 5,468 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Are you restricting too heavily (calories and cutting out foods) during the day? If yes, then that may be your issue. You don't have to cut out foods/food groups and/or go super low calorie to lose weight. Weight loss is all about calories, and you don't have to stop eating after a certain time.
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    Learn to enjoy the feeling. I feel the best and lose fat the easiest when I fast at least five hours before bed, which means I go to bed at least slightly hungry, often quite hungry. My blood sugar levels are better. My blood pressure is better. I sleep better. And I was someone who couldn't fall asleep hungry initially.

If you absolutely can't manage the nighttime fast, save a couple of hundred calories for a light bedtime snack. Either way, you're going to have to learn to not give in to your nighttime cravings if you want success.