Is anyone else starving by the end of the day?

Options
How can I prevent being starving by the end of the day!????/

Also, is it bad if I go over my calorie intake amount by 30 or so sometimes? I get so nervous I will throw things off.

Replies

• Schwiggity
    Schwiggity Posts: 1,449 Member
    Options
    This depends on what you are eating. I have a warped sense of hunger sometimes, but honestly I don't feel incredibly deprived. I eat my exercise calories, I eat a lot of fruits/vegetables, and lean sources of protein.
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    going over by 30 is not an issue. i always say if you're within 100 (over or under), you're good.
  • rodneyderrick
    rodneyderrick Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    If you're hungry, put a cd in the stereo, and dance around the living room until you fall asleep.
  • auntiebabs
    auntiebabs Posts: 1,754 Member
    Options
    Watch your sugar intake.
    BOTH sugar and artificial sweeteners increase your appetite, so cutting back on them makes weight loss easier, because you are not hungry all the time.

If I have a DIET COKE, no way I can keep at 1200 cal.
    More foods now than ever before have hidden sugars in them and are sold as "real foods"
    If I'm going to eat the sugar I want a cookie, gosh darn it!

I've really been amazed at how much sugar I've found in "REAL FOOD" Food manufacturers add a lot of sugar under a lot of different unrecognizable names into products, because it's cheap and it increases your appetite, so you eat more.

(I picked up a lean cuisine one evening forgot to check the sugar went to enter it to find out it had 30g of sugar, now

A) I only get 25g a day,
    B) my favorite cookies are 9g for 15 cookies. If I'm going to eat sugar I want to enjoy a treat!!!

Also watch out for yogurts there usually very high in sugar, by plain and add a little hershey syrup or jam or cukes & dill at least YOU will be controlling your intake.)
  • morningmom
    morningmom Posts: 100
    Options
    I have the same problem! Hopefully I can also get some good ideas!
  • zukekitty
    zukekitty Posts: 185
    Options
    Try drinking a glass of water. Our feelings of hunger are sometimes actually from thirst. I find it usually helps. That and going to bed early to sleep through the urge to snack.
  • smahaney1
    smahaney1 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I was experiencing the same thing but what worked for me is I started to eat smaller portions and ate more often. For example, this morning was an eggbeater sandwich - about 240 cal. and filled me up for awhile. For a snack, I had a nonfat vanilla yogurt with mixed berries. Lunch was a chicken burger (no bun) and sauteed mushrooms. I had a Clif Kid bar for another snack. Dinner was a 6" turkey sub from Subway. I also had a chocolate protein smoothie. I often have 12 raw almonds and a piece of string cheese. That's a great snack. I eat every 2-3 hours. (I feel like I'm constantly eating but I'm not hungry anymore.) Hope this helps. Good luck!
  • katismiles
    katismiles Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    same problem here. my hope is that it's cause I've just started with a diet and it's just a matter of my body adjusting to the 500 less calories a day