Signed up as an experiment -- Loving this site!!

Options
Hi everyone. I signed up this morning because per my trainer I need to log what I eat for 2 days so we can evaluate. I looked for a good web site to help me with this and found this one. I am loving it!!!

My problems are big. I am very heavy 200 lbs but decent body fat percentage (22%) and a woman. I work out 5-6 times a week with both intense and low key workouts in the mix. I lift weights and do cardio. I have been following a lower carb (not no carb), higher protein diet a la Jillian Michaels. Over the past 5 weeks I have lost only 3 pounds which was a shock to both me and my trainer -- thus the food log.

It seems I am eating a bit below my calorie count (1500 instead of 1800) but otherwise I can't figure out how to shake the weight. We are trying to see if I am eating to little or too much. Hopefully logging my food in here and tracking my calories will make a difference.

This group and website seem fantastic. Hopefully I can keep it up and join all of you "losers" out there and finally drop some weight.

Any advice? Please share. I am at a loss for answers now.....

Replies

• mpitkane
    Options
    Hi everyone. I signed up this morning because per my trainer I need to log what I eat for 2 days so we can evaluate. I looked for a good web site to help me with this and found this one. I am loving it!!!

My problems are big. I am very heavy 200 lbs but decent body fat percentage (22%) and a woman. I work out 5-6 times a week with both intense and low key workouts in the mix. I lift weights and do cardio. I have been following a lower carb (not no carb), higher protein diet a la Jillian Michaels. Over the past 5 weeks I have lost only 3 pounds which was a shock to both me and my trainer -- thus the food log.

It seems I am eating a bit below my calorie count (1500 instead of 1800) but otherwise I can't figure out how to shake the weight. We are trying to see if I am eating to little or too much. Hopefully logging my food in here and tracking my calories will make a difference.

This group and website seem fantastic. Hopefully I can keep it up and join all of you "losers" out there and finally drop some weight.

Any advice? Please share. I am at a loss for answers now.....
  • alaskagal
    Options
    I wish I had some magic words to fix your solution but I don't at this point. It would seem that since you are working with a trainer and now you are recording your food that you are on the right track. See what the food diary reveals after a week or so.

I will say WELCOME to MFP. It's a great place to be with lots of support and motivation. Keep up the hard work and you'll see progress yet.

:flowerforyou:
  • baylou
    baylou Posts: 52
    Options
    hello
    I don't know if you are already doing this or not if you good if not then maybe it will work for you too try not just eating the 3 meals a day and that is it but instead eat a little here and there like eat breakfast then what you would eat for lunch break it up have a small bowl of soup then later have apple slices and a little it of peanut butter then maybe a glass 2% milk or tea in this way you are telling your body that it doesn't have to store any thing cause it knows that you will be feeding it it is helping me maybe it will for you too
    betty
  • mpitkane
    Options
    Thanks Betty! No, I am not doing this now. I typically eat breakfast at 8, lunch around 12:30, snack at 3 and then dinner about 6:30. I will try busting up my lunch tomorrow and see how it flows. The bad thing is that sometimes I just get caught up with work or phone and I forget to eat and next thing I know it is already 3 and I find myself catching up.

I do eat a small square of dk chocolate a day (like a third of a normal serving). That seems to keep my sanity but wondering if that is part of the problem?
  • skinnydreams
    skinnydreams Posts: 1,178 Member
    Options
    Welcome and best of luck to you!
  • babyhippo
    Options
    Very funny mpitkane! That's the first time anyone ever called me a "looser" and I took it as a compliment. Good luck to you, you "big looser!"