Adding more protein

I started taking a boot camp class almost three months ago. I've never done anything like it before, but I love it. My trainer gave me a nutrition plan two weeks ago tracking carbs, fat and protein. I am at the low end of the protein range and some days below. Looking for ideas on how to get my protein intake up. On boot camp days the range is 100-150g and less intense days 80-130g. Thanks for your help!

Replies

• Petzwv
    Petzwv Posts: 24 Member
    Jerky has lots of protein, you just have to watch the sodium
  • nurseratchet46
    nurseratchet46 Posts: 16 Member
    I started adding whey protein to my smoothies ..very good!!!!!!!!!!1
  • EricLFC1892
    EricLFC1892 Posts: 85 Member
    Whey is the easiest answer but if you want to get your protein from foods then cottage cheese, tuna, chicken breast and quark are a few lean options to boost your protein intake
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,363 Member
    Eggs/egg whites.

• mandyneedtolose
    mandyneedtolose Posts: 398 Member
    Eggs, chicken, beef, tuna, salmon, cottage cheese, greek yogurt .. I don't eat to much dairy, so most of my protein is from meats and eggs. You could make a protein smoothie as well . I usually have over 100 grams plus a day for protein!
  • jamie1923
    jamie1923 Posts: 2 Member
    Thank you for the help! I really appreciate it!
  • JustRobby1
    JustRobby1 Posts: 674 Member
    Echoing other sentiments here, whey is probably your best option as far as protein content per calorie. There are tons of products on the market to choose from, so you can experiment until you find one you like. GNC normally has a decent selection. You are going to wanna buy a shaker also.

Right now I am on Met-RX vanilla, but I tend to alternate from time to time. It gets far too boring otherwise.