Lost 72 pounds and feel like a new person!

Options
Jeannie3099
Jeannie3099 Posts: 61 Member
edited June 2017 in Success Stories
Hi friends!

I've dropped 72 pounds and have hit my first goal. I have another 10 or 15 to go and I will be perfectly happy with who I see in my mirror.

I've had a lot of obstacles in my way but I kicked them all out of the way recently. I am no longer anyones doormat. I am not anyones scapegoat. I have scratched all the *kitten* *oles off of my friends list. I have told a few neighbors to shut up. They did. I have blocked a number of people who are just not healthy for me to talk to off my phone. I also underwent a pretty messy cancer surgery on my face....see my post today.....and am recovering with the help of a cortisone shot. I am one hard *kitten* right now but usually a nice person. I have also made a lot of new, strong and good friends.

Adversity has a way of making better people out of us or we can let it consume us and make our lives really painful.

My advice is to never give up. Never. Good luck to you all. Learn to love who you are.

Jeannie

Replies

• Jeannie3099
    Options
    dul05qz8s8n6.jpg
  • Jeannie3099
    Options
    This is me pre cancer surgery. It will take a year and a half or more to recover fully but I have faith. Now go and live your lives fully and joyfully!!
  • Jeannie3099
    Options
    Oh, what did I eat and how much exercise did I get? I ate a low sodium diet consisting mainly of fish, chicken and some beef in no more than 3 to 4 ounces of protein a day due to medical reasons. I ate lots of vegetables, raw mostly and two servings of fruit a day. Lots of non fat milk. Very low animal fats. Lots of olive oil. Yes, pasta and spelt bread. Yogurt and probiotics too.

Exercise consists of 30 to 45 minutes of cardio a day plus all the things I do for fun like gardening. I do this 6 days a week and sometimes do two workouts a day if I feel up to it. Stretching is a 15 minute routine before each workout.

Success breeds more success so when you start to lose you get the ball rolling and for me it was easier as time went on. Did I good up?? Sure I did! I allowed myself the little failures and looked upon them as stones that I just stumbled on in my journey. Kick them out of the way. Don't whine about it. Just do it.

Thanks to all of my buddies for being here when I needed to log in and read how dedicated you all are!! Your words gave me strength!! You all know who you are.

Jeannie
  • crushingitdaily12345
    crushingitdaily12345 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    Great job... I am down 46 lbs... and I have about another 80 to go... Very proud of you...
  • mtague7733
    mtague7733 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    You both are AMAZING! I think i will stop whining now!!!!
  • Jeannie3099
    Options
    Thank you All!!
  • l1bbylabel7
    l1bbylabel7 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Congrats to you for a job well done. I know what you mean about feeling like a new person b/c now I can do so much more and feel so much better after losing 79 lbs. I've got anout 30 more to go to be at my goal! Keep up the good work!'
  • caramelgyrlk
    caramelgyrlk Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    Congrats to you. Keep up the fine work.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!