Putting on Weight

Options
Hi All

I'm really struggling at the moment to put on weight, I'm suppose to be eating 4000-5000 calories a day but finding it has to eat that much. Any help on the best foods to have

Thanks for any help

Replies

• andyluvv
    andyluvv Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    Your best bet is foods rich in fat. Most people find it easy to go through a bag of nuts or even some peanut butter. I had a trainer who could easily have a jar. X
  • Bazz0r
    Bazz0r Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Hey, I have the same issue but I'm having more success now I'm using a weight gainer. I use Impact Weight Gainer from MyProtein twice a day which is helping to increase my calorie intake.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,392 MFP Moderator
    Options
  • Noreenmarie1234
    Noreenmarie1234 Posts: 7,493 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    High calorie low bulk foods like ice cream, dense compacted bars like probar spread with pb (easy 500 right there), gomacro, etc, shakes like orgain/ensure/boost. Here are some good recipes stack.com/a/simple-food-recipes-for-healthy-weight-gain

Good luck on your recovery from your eating disorder. I am sorry you've been struggling to gain since 2015. My sister had an eating disorder and during her weight gain she would make these peanut butter and jelly sandwiches on this protein bread (200cal per slice) and 4tbsp pb with 2tbsp jelly = 900 calories right there in a small sandwich! I used to eat one with her to support her lol, delicious.
  • bubblegirl57
    bubblegirl57 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for your help
  • Rusty740
    Rusty740 Posts: 749 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Definitely nuts, avocado is great, as are chick peas, hummus and corn chips. Ice cream absolutely.

Drinking your calories tends to make it easier to get more. A bag of your favourite potato chips. Popcorn and lots of butter.

If you like coffees, full fat whipping cream mochas :) mmmmm 450 cals.

Doughnuts, the other white meat ;)

Oily salad dressings.

White cream-based pasta sauces.

Couscous, rice.

Cheeses, all of them :)

I've you haven't heard of Poutine, you need to :)