Day 5

Options
LowKee84
LowKee84 Posts: 21 Member
Hello everyone, I thought I'd give an update on my progress and experience with this app so far.

So I'm on day 5, so far I've completed 4 whole days. I don't really have an actual target weight so I've been using the app to maintain weight, if I've had calories left at the end of the day I just see it as a bonus. Over those 4 days I've skipped a total of 800 calories so should start seeing some weight loss in the next few weeks.

I've found it really useful and interesting just to see what you're actually getting from your foods. Me and my wife split an Aero bar between us whilst watching TV last night, was both shocked that half a bar has the same calories as what we'd have in a meal.

As I do weight training quite a bit I changed my macros to 40/40/20, I never realised how little protein I was getting... or how costly it can be. Eggs have been firmly added to my regular foods now for the low cost and high protein content.

I also really enjoy the community spirit here, unlike a lot of sites you don't seem to get the usual trolls, pedantic idiots or grammar Nazis, which is refreshing. The people are very supportive and helpful, I hope that once I've been here for a while I can start passing on information that I've gained and helping people out too.

The app itself is pretty easy to use. As I'm quite routine orientated I tend to eat the same things over and over so adding items to my diary is a piece of cake.

Well that's all from me.

I'm still interested in new friends, I go gym alot, I'm starting to learn about foods and preparing meals for myself so anyone with similar interests would be very welcome.

Replies

• klaramarina
    klaramarina Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Good for you congrats on your 4 days, try to eat 4-5 smaller meals, cut processed food. Try to grill or use an oven, cook lean meats, look for natural fats like avocado, nuts, fish and its oil. For carbs try to eat boiled sweet potatoes, brown rice, sprouted grain breads, and watch your portions. Ah I forgot, don't drink sodas and sugary drinks. If you are craving for something sweet have a fruit, a spoon of honey, or what I do is that I freeze some 2% chocolat milk and it's like having Italian ice-cream. I recycle jello cups so I used those small 4oz cups. Take a multivitamin and drink a lot of water.
    Good luck
  • LowKee84
    Options
    I was looking at that, 5 meals a day @ 300-400 calories each would be easier to keep track off.

All those suggestions are very helpful but currently I'm really at the basics still, like where is the oven, how do I turn it on lol. I was my parents last child before they separated so I was mum's baby for the longest, as a result I'm pretty hopeless at cooking, using a washing machine etc.. but I'll get there.

I pretty much drink only water and have for years, very little milk, no fruit juices, no alcohol.
  • klaramarina
    klaramarina Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Very good, you are going in a good direction
  • LowKee84
    Options
    Thank you.