Not dieting, changing my lifestyle!

Options
I am new to MFP, after being recommended to the site by my doctor. I've really got to lose weight. I have a 2 1/2 year old daughter that I need to be healthy for, and we are trying to make her a big sister!!! I really need to get weight off before I get pregnant. Looking for friends to help me be accountable. I am a previous member of the weight loss group, TOPS (Taking Off Pounds Sensibly), but after having my daughter, attending meetings is nearly impossible since my husband works evenings. I know the basics of losing weight and exercise, but I know that accountablility and support make a big difference. I can't look at this any more as dieting though, I have to look at is as a new lifestyle, for all 3 of us in my home!!

Replies

• smallerfyme
    Options
    Hello and welcome, I guess, though I have literally been here an hour so...

Feel free to add me!
  • kylahgirl2
    Options
    Feel free to add me!! I am losing weight so I can be the best mum I can be for my two kids.... We can support each other :) good on you for taking charge if your weight loss!! add me :) kylahgirl2
  • ZombieKillaPrincess
    ZombieKillaPrincess Posts: 404 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me :-) i'm also a mommy (to a 1 year old girl) that wants to set a look example for her family!
  • CCLadyBug
    CCLadyBug Posts: 40
    Options
    Hi from Texas! Feel free to add me as a friend. I have been here at mfp just over a week and have lost 6 lbs already. This site is such a great tool and the support from friends is really nice. I needed this. I want to lose >50 lbs, for me, for my husband and for my kids/grandkids. Welcome and best wishes for you and yours!