Can't tell a difference? (Pics) :(

Options
Hello. I'm having one of those days where I feel like all my weightloss aspirations and goals are a waste of time. I feel like I haven't made much of an improvement especially between March and May

The top pics are from December 26th then March 26th. The bottom one was about a week or 2 ago. Would love some pointers or tips and what not.::

Replies

• Poisonedpawn78
    Poisonedpawn78 Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
    Your ribs are starting to show in the later pic.

You definitely appear to be at the point of a recomp i think. definitely look into it and see if that is what you are trying to do.
  • cndkendrick
    cndkendrick Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I can definately start to see your waist line. Great work!
  • nmedina10
    nmedina10 Posts: 18 Member
    Options

You definitely appear to be at the point of a recomp i think. definitely look into it and see if that is what you are trying to do.
    what is recomp? Sorry I am pretty new at this lol.

• Poisonedpawn78
    Poisonedpawn78 Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
    nmedina10 wrote: »

Essentially it is where you eat at or very near your maintenance calories and lift heavy to build muscle slowly. The goal is to over time lose some fat weight and turn it into muscle. Definitely read more into this if it sounds like what you want to do.

If you are looking to build muscle a bit faster(as fast as muscle will build that is) you need to do a bulk/cut cycle which you can find more info around body building.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,614 Member
    Options
    How much have you actually lost? While the difference is subtle, some have to lose a good amount of weight to see a difference. Also if you're just losing weight on diet alone, you'll just be a smaller version of your current self unless body fat percentage is lower.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • nmedina10
    nmedina10 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    nmedina10 wrote: »

Essentially it is where you eat at or very near your maintenance calories and lift heavy to build muscle slowly. The goal is to over time lose some fat weight and turn it into muscle. Definitely read more into this if it sounds like what you want to do.

If you are looking to build muscle a bit faster(as fast as muscle will build that is) you need to do a bulk/cut cycle which you can find more info around body building.

Thanks I will look into that
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    How much have you actually lost? While the difference is subtle, some have to lose a good amount of weight to see a difference. Also if you're just losing weight on diet alone, you'll just be a smaller version of your current self unless body fat percentage is lower.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

I have lost about 32 pounds. I do jog and do some moderate lifting. I would say my legs are my best feature so far.

• threesixten
    threesixten Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I can!
  • SciWhiz
    SciWhiz Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    You can absolutely see a difference! Did you happen to take your measurements in December? I find my measurements can be more telling than a simple number on the scale or a bunch of pictures. I def agree with the comment about recomp. Keep up the great work!