Alcohol

Options
Fine all week, struggling at weekends to stay off the booze,

Replies

• RightTrackBaby
    RightTrackBaby Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    As long as you're not going over your calories, I wouldn't worry too much about it.
  • darylthomas1985
    darylthomas1985 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    But I am. Diet is fine. But once it touch the alcohol , that's it . Didn't realise just how many calories are in alcohol till I got this app
  • 88olds
    88olds Posts: 4,473 Member
    Options
    When I found out I would rather eat than drink, it came as a complete surprise.
  • ruthhowellwriter
    ruthhowellwriter Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I am the same way with sweets. And my answer is to avoid them altogether. So it would probably work better for you to avoid alcohol completely. Probably not the answer you wanted to hear.
  • darylthomas1985
    Options
    I truly think on a weekend I'd rather drink. But weekdays eat and workout . It's a hard life lol . Just don't want to work hard all week then undo all good work at weekend but at same time want to enjoy my life at weekends.
  • PHXLoser
    PHXLoser Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I rarely drink Mon-Wed but I like to have a drink or two on the weekend or when dining out. However I find alcohol is the #1 thing that derails my weight loss progress, even when I count the cal/carbs as part of my total. I've been on a linear loss week over week since Christmas (VSG, down almost 60 lbs.) with no alcohol Started adding it back in on vacation in early May and now I've been stalled. Going dry again to try and jump start my program. I know others who drink and it doesn't seem to affect their metabolism so I think it's kind of an individual thing.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    I truly think on a weekend I'd rather drink. But weekdays eat and workout . It's a hard life lol . Just don't want to work hard all week then undo all good work at weekend but at same time want to enjoy my life at weekends.

Look at your weekly goal, not daily. Plan for weekend beers.
  • darylthomas1985
    Options

Look at your weekly goal, not daily. Plan for weekend beers.

Good advise . I like it. When I do that I'm actually in line with my goals
  • darylthomas1985
    Options
    31shines wrote: »
    Yea but when you get drunk do you want to eat when you are done? I wouldn't eat while I drank but then when I was done of eat usually high calorie fast food. I don't drink anymore and enjoy my weekends still. Just like adjusting to other foods to lose weight you may need new hobbies that don't involve alcohol.

I'm not going out. I'm at home. I just like a
    Bottle of wine and a few beers with a Saturday night film etc while kids are in bed .Go all week not drinking. Used to drink every night until 2 weeks ago , don't think I can go cold turkey
  • darylthomas1985
    Options
    And don't eat wen drunk . It's not the food that's the problem
  • lysa916
    lysa916 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    It really depends on what you are drinking. Beer is a bunch of useless calories! Vodka and diet soda is not much at all calorie wise
  • lysa916
    lysa916 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Wine is about 120 calories a glass. Just a matter of making sure to account for the actual serving size you are consuming. I try to increase my veggie intake to allow for the wine calories. I enjoy a glass of wine nightly.
  • LauraInTheWater
    LauraInTheWater Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    ...you could quit drinking altogether. I did and the pounds began melting off. I only drink water during the day. I used to drink coffee with a ton of cream and sugar in the morning but now I just drink hot tea with a little bit of honey. Liquid calories take the place of so many other awesome foods.
  • Yakuzza88
    Yakuzza88 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I feel for you Bud :D Im on a 1200 calorie limit during the week but friday i dont really give a fudge and have half a bottle of vodka or a bit more at home ( mixing it with soda water and a lime slice + i dont have 2 whoppers with large fries afterwards of course) .. and im still losing weight .. I think as long as you keep a strict calorie limit during the week and drink only once a week without stuffing your face extremly with junk food youll be fine, at least it works for me :)
  • xxdashax
    xxdashax Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    A lot of people don't understand why I don't drink and i always tell them it's because they don't log their cal. Alcohol makes me feel so guilty that i would rather stay away from it completely... even if i have a cheat day i would rather eat more food then drink my cal away... people don't get it until they're into MFP
  • Numericmama373
    Numericmama373 Posts: 125 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Can you switch the beer to light beer?

I get it though. I am "working" with the kids all day long. One a high functioning autistic person. If I don't work in wine, it would be a freaking trainwreck around here. I'd look like that girl the Exorcist.

No one wants that!
  • Numericmama373
    Numericmama373 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I make sure to eat around it though a bank calories.
  • midlomel1971
    midlomel1971 Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    It's hard. Maybe try not to eat your exercise calories and save them for the weekend? I find that if I stick to low-cal light beer (think Mich Ultras at 90 cals a pop) I can have several and it doesn't break the bank. I'm still losing. It's hard though!!
  • thewindandthework
    thewindandthework Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Just gotta plan ahead, dude. Think about how much you're likely to drink and make sure to leave that many calories left so you're good to go.

If that just doesn't work, go ahead and do your drinking, and log it all. Then you can reduce your caloric intake and/or do some exercise the next few days to make up for it.
  • grewmullins
    grewmullins Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Read your comments and felt like I had written them - especially the one about staying home with a bottle of wine. Feel free to send me a friend invite - username grewmullins. It's tough but I realize afterwork beers with buddies beginning on Thursday and the bottle of red on Fri, and another on Sat and one to cap off the weekend on Sun isn't helping the weight loss plan - even if you look ahead and "budget" for it. I am just starting MFP again and my goal is limit beers to a couple on Thursday and then a couple of glasses of wine max each night during the weekend. It's a start - baby steps...