Zumba

Options
Angall08
Angall08 Posts: 148 Member
If you have tried zumba, did you like it? Did it help you lose weight? Was it fun? I'm thinking about giving it a try.

Replies

• 57kgstobe
    57kgstobe Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi, Zumba is a lot of fun and is great for your waistline. If your watching your diet Zumba will certainly help
  • NoLimitFemme
    NoLimitFemme Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I love dancing and Zumba is a fun exercise for me. If you go into it and put your full effort you'll get a great workout.

I can't say if I lost weight doing it because it was only one aspect of my fitness routine but it was a fun class.
  • DebLaBounty
    DebLaBounty Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    I go to Zumba 3 times a week. One hour burns off more than 600 calories, according to My Fitness Plan, which is more than I can burn jogging. I think that has contributed to some weight loss. The cardio workout has improved my stamina so I could start a Couch to 5K program recently. But mainly it's the upbeat music and paying attention to the instructor that I really enjoy. It's not boring! And yes, I have a lot of fun doing it!
  • pisscat2011
    pisscat2011 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi, I don't do classes but have the dvd which I do regularly at home. I love it because even though I modify a lot I find I'm smiling all the way through it. It's fun but I can imagine it to be great fun in a class. Excellent for the waistline.
  • need2move9
    need2move9 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I enjoy Zumba. Actually enjoy the video game version most, don't ask or know why.
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    It did not help me lose weight. It added activity to my week and a calorie burn. It was fun but I feel a little silly doing it now.
  • limex
    limex Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I like it. I didn't at first, but I paid for a set of 12 classes so I kept going. Once you get used to it and learn the moves (for me, it was the 3rd class), it's a lot of fun. I don't think it's that good a calorie burn, but it made me more fit.
  • kimothy38
    kimothy38 Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately my knees can only cope with one zumba class a week. It's my Friday night wind down from the week. The instructor is so awesome - she's the only reason I joined the gym at all. Some classes have lots of salsa but the one I love is more dance music. Instructors bring their own flavor to a class you try a couple to see what you like best.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    I tried a couple if Zumba videos and liked them.