Trying to reshape my body

Options
I've always have this apple shape body, meaning my shoulder is the same length of my hips(but it appears longer then my hips), plus i have little to no waist. As such, i dont appear too typical feminine and a bit boyish. Being an animator i am chained to my desk for more then 9 hours a day so i could only concentrate on exercising during the weekend (if i dont have to go back to the office) i used to do yoga before the change of company and i notice during my 6 months time where i do yoga for 3 days a week, 1 hour per session my weight didnt go down, meaning i'm gaining muscles, but my body didnt appear slimmer either. i know i gave my all in the yoga sessions because i was literally sweating buckets and my flexibility improved but my size still didnt appear smaller and i know i used to be a hell lot leaner then the 6 months period.

I thought yoga is suppose to help reshape my body and i was disappointed. (for the record, I didnt stop yoga on purpose, it was because i changed work and the location and project didnt allow me to continue my yoga sessions so now i've stopped.) i was 121pounds at that time and the ideal weight i targeted was 100pounds, and my eating habit remained the same and i never snacks. water drinking is still 8-10 glasses a day.

I'm trying to soften my body down by not working out now and eating 1200 calories or less per day. My body is still quite firm and its frustrating because i dont know how to become lean again. When i hug my overweight friends they are soft and cuddly! but when i poke myself i notice i'm alot firm then they are and still big!! grrrrr!!!

Does anybody has any advice to getting a lean body shape without gaining muscles through exercise(because if i gain muscles my body wouldn't look slimmer) or which type of exercise should i go for? Below is my measurements and hopefully somebody can point clueless ol me to the right direction.

shoulder : 102cm / 40inch (target : dunno if its possible...)
bust : 97cm / 38inch (target : remain? hahahaha)
waist : 83.5cm / 33inch (target : -5 inch)
hips : 102cm / 40 inch (target : -5 inch)
arms : 30cm / 12 inch (target : -4 inch)
thighs : 57cm / 25inch (target : -5 inch)
calves : 39.5cm / 15.5inch (target : -5inch)

a million thanks in advance for even reading this!:sad:

Replies

• Aril
    Aril Posts: 66
    Options
    I've always have this apple shape body, meaning my shoulder is the same length of my hips(but it appears longer then my hips), plus i have little to no waist. As such, i dont appear too typical feminine and a bit boyish. Being an animator i am chained to my desk for more then 9 hours a day so i could only concentrate on exercising during the weekend (if i dont have to go back to the office) i used to do yoga before the change of company and i notice during my 6 months time where i do yoga for 3 days a week, 1 hour per session my weight didnt go down, meaning i'm gaining muscles, but my body didnt appear slimmer either. i know i gave my all in the yoga sessions because i was literally sweating buckets and my flexibility improved but my size still didnt appear smaller and i know i used to be a hell lot leaner then the 6 months period.

I thought yoga is suppose to help reshape my body and i was disappointed. (for the record, I didnt stop yoga on purpose, it was because i changed work and the location and project didnt allow me to continue my yoga sessions so now i've stopped.) i was 121pounds at that time and the ideal weight i targeted was 100pounds, and my eating habit remained the same and i never snacks. water drinking is still 8-10 glasses a day.

I'm trying to soften my body down by not working out now and eating 1200 calories or less per day. My body is still quite firm and its frustrating because i dont know how to become lean again. When i hug my overweight friends they are soft and cuddly! but when i poke myself i notice i'm alot firm then they are and still big!! grrrrr!!!

Does anybody has any advice to getting a lean body shape without gaining muscles through exercise(because if i gain muscles my body wouldn't look slimmer) or which type of exercise should i go for? Below is my measurements and hopefully somebody can point clueless ol me to the right direction.

shoulder : 102cm / 40inch (target : dunno if its possible...)
    bust : 97cm / 38inch (target : remain? hahahaha)
    waist : 83.5cm / 33inch (target : -5 inch)
    hips : 102cm / 40 inch (target : -5 inch)
    arms : 30cm / 12 inch (target : -4 inch)
    thighs : 57cm / 25inch (target : -5 inch)
    calves : 39.5cm / 15.5inch (target : -5inch)

a million thanks in advance for even reading this!:sad:
  • helkat922
    helkat922 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Have you heard of a DVD called Ripped by Jari Love? I bought the DVDs last year and did it before I went on a cruise and I was totally toned up within a few months. I am starting with Slim and Lean and doing Ripped 1000 on weekends (it claims to burn up to 1000 calories). I promise you that you will see results from using this program.

Good luck!
  • Poison5119
    Poison5119 Posts: 1,460 Member
    Options
    Cardio is the only real way to shape your body. Yoga will trim and tone everything, but you have to really be nearer to your goal weight in order to start seeing the toning work you're doing! Don't give up! :flowerforyou:
  • rheston
    rheston Posts: 638
    Options
    I'm chained to a desk for most of the day as well. At work I swapped out my desk chair for a core exercise ball. The ball is not only comfortable but your core muscles are required to keep from falling over at your desk giving some strength to your back, abs and obliques.

Getting that shape your looking for may not be genetically possible. I've never had 6 pack abs even when I was at my most fit pumping iron and running long distances. I'm not trying to be rude or cruel here it's just that you may never see that "girlish" hour glass waist you think you should have.

Now, you can tone up your body using an exercise ball at work and at home. At my desk, for example, I do situps, side lifts, etc periodically during the day when I'm feeling fatigued and need to wake up or I'm frustrated and I need to vent through exercise. You can use the ball for simple pushups and numerous other routines that don't require weights that would bulk you up.

I do this same thing at home while I watch TV -- irritating to my wife at times but it breaks the boredom of watching some of the things I'm not interested in.

I do get up at 4am and put in a regular workout 5 - 7 days a week but then again I have the luxury of being old and not needing too much sleep all the time.

I hope that helps you at least a little.
  • Charity776
    Charity776 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I have to agree with rheston; it may not be genetically possible. Take me for example, I will always have a pear shape regardless of how much/little I weigh. My family history sports muscular thighs, a round bottom, tiny waist and chest. This is extremely frustrating when buying clothes but it is what it is. The only thing I can do is lots of cardio to keep the ratio from getting too far out of balance.
    That is one of the reasons why I loved being pregnant and after my daughter was born. All of sudden pants that fit in my bottom and thighs but were too large in the waist, fit.
    We were all made differently and special; no one wants to be a cookie cutter. Keep the faith and don't give up!
  • Aril
    Aril Posts: 66
    Options
    yeah i know its not generically possible, but what i meant was i had that shape where i am more lean and less muscles and i'm trying to achieve that but it seems the harder i try the bulkier i become. Thanks for all the advice guys! i'll look up on the DVD too, thanks for the tips. i'm looking for specific exercise to tone my body :)
  • sarabear
    sarabear Posts: 864
    Options
    I have to agree with rheston; it may not be genetically possible. Take me for example, I will always have a pear shape regardless of how much/little I weigh. My family history sports muscular thighs, a round bottom, tiny waist and chest. This is extremely frustrating when buying clothes but it is what it is. The only thing I can do is lots of cardio to keep the ratio from getting too far out of balance.
    That is one of the reasons why I loved being pregnant and after my daughter was born. All of sudden pants that fit in my bottom and thighs but were too large in the waist, fit.
    We were all made differently and special; no one wants to be a cookie cutter. Keep the faith and don't give up!

Help with jeans, Lane Bryant sells jeans that are made for different shapes, each color code is a different shape, the blue code is pear, I'm a Blue size 4, . They have also like a couple different color codes, but I don't know what they are for, haven't looked at them since I don't need them.