Pre-bariatric surgery tracking

Hi! I'm new here. Have started tracking here before i have bariatric surgery in January 2018. I'm 58 and have at least 175 lbs to lose. I tell my 8 grandkids their Mawmaw is on the Healthy Highway headed for Thinner City. A journey that will hopefully lengthen my life so i can enjoy my senior years with my amazing hubby and family.
I'm on meds for pre-diabetic, have severe arthritis and had knee replacement, have had 2 heart attacks and now own 2 stents in one heart artery, share my bed with hubby and a bipap machine for sleep apnea. Lol at myself! I'm a big fat mess, with a heart of gold and always looking for the laughter in any situation.
So i guess I'll be seeing you here and there on this trip of my lifetime! Beep beep....Let's move it and lose it!

Replies

• andyzee69
    andyzee69 Posts: 193 Member
    Hello. Looks like you have a number of health issues. I also use a BIPAP machine for sleep apnea. If you'd like to add me as a friend, I'll like to follow your journey and give support and motivation where I can. Best wishes.
  • 1princesswarrior
    1princesswarrior Posts: 1,242 Member
    Wow, this will be easy compared to what you've ready been through. Just weigh all your solids and measure your liquids, become a little OCD about tracking and be honest with yourself. Watch the food database and make sure you check the nutritional info for correctness.

We all have setbacks too. Just don't beat yourself up when that happens and do better the next meal or day.

Try to get some activity each day even if it's just walking around your house. You will get stronger very quickly.

Good luck!
  • doctorsbandaid
    doctorsbandaid Posts: 1 Member
    Hello, I had the gastric bypass over 14 years ago. It was the best thing that I could have done. Like you I am a grandma of 7. I have some major health issues even after the bypass. I am still going strong. If you are mentally ready for the bypass. You will do well. I wish you well and will check in. I lost 158 lbs and put back on 27. Which is why I'm getting back on track. If you have any questions or just want to chat I am here. Debra