Weight fluctuated 12 lbs in a week

Options
lkdeegee
lkdeegee Posts: 11 Member
edited June 2017 in Motivation and Support
Hi everyone. I am struggling to drop weight. I am 32 years old and need to drop 20 lbs. I workout intensely 4days a week on average. Eat clean. I do drink alcohol. I began lipotropic injections 3 weeks ago. Last week my weight dropped 12 lbs, then up 3 and today I'm back up at my original heavier weight. Help! This really messed with me mentally because I truly felt I was starting to drop the weight. I am very muscular but just have like 10-15 lbs of fat I really want to lose. I'm only 5'2". I have been working very hard the past 5 months. Thank you.

Replies

• livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    Are you in a calorie deficit?
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    what are lipotropic injections?
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options

Vitamin B shots. Commonly tried "for weight loss".
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

Vitamin B shots. Commonly tried "for weight loss".

ah

:huh:
  • nutmegoreo
    nutmegoreo Posts: 15,532 Member
    Options
    How many calories are you eating?
  • lkdeegee
    Options
    I eat between 1200-1500 calories in my day.
  • lkdeegee
    Options
    5'2" 160 lbs. about 5 days ago the scale said 148, then 152. Today and yesterday it's back to 160. I'm just at a loss. I'm very strong and know I have lost some inches and probably a few lbs in the last two months. But I want to get back to hovering between 135-140. I put on 15 lbs in the last two years.
  • avadahm
    avadahm Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't freak out about a week. You could be on any number of a cycle or holding water weight and it won't reflect actual progress. Hell, I can fluctuate 8# in one day depending on what I'm doing and how temperamental my scale happened to be that day!

If it took you years to out on the weight, be patient with yourself on taking it off (it won't take years, probably).
  • mandy_godfree
    mandy_godfree Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Have you tried hopping on the scales up to three times in 10 minutes to see if there's a problem with the scales? 12lb in one week seems like an awful lot to me. I know my scales can be out by 1lb sometimes, but it's not enough for me to consider replacing them just now.