Any vegetarian ideas for Quark?

Options
Just bought some and now I can't find a recipe I like the look of.... Any suggestions?

Replies

• distinctlybeautiful
    distinctlybeautiful Posts: 1,041 Member
    Options
    I just eat it with berries in it or peaches or applesauce or a little jam or granola. I don't really cook with it..
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
  • rambunction
    rambunction Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Quark.... as in the Star Trek character from Deep Space Nine, or as in the computer graphic program?

I'm assuming you mean Quaker Oatmeal, but all I can picture is Quark wanting some vegetarian recipes for some sort of Ferengi ploy.

..Or possibly designing something in Quark with recipes in mind. Last time I used Quark though, it was difficult to work with. I can't imagine anyone using it nowadays (but I have heard it's been upgrading well recently!)
  • MsChucktowski
    MsChucktowski Posts: 121 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Quark.... as in the Star Trek character from Deep Space Nine, or as in the computer graphic program?

:D

Quark is a type of soft cheese.
  • Jules50777
    Jules50777 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    It's a soft cheese with low fat and high protein, with the consistency of Greek yoghurt. There's plenty of sweet ways to use it, I was hoping for savoury. There's a couple of recipes using it in things like moussaka, but it's just added to the white sauce. Maybe I'll expreiment and report back!