How long did it take for you to start noticing weight loss on your body?

Options
newstart1988
newstart1988 Posts: 154 Member
edited June 2017 in Success Stories
How long did it take for you to start noticing weight loss on your body? Like how many weeks or months?

Replies

• CKader83
    CKader83 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I feel like maybe I took longer than normal because I had uncontrolled pre diabetes for a while before knowing it. It took me about 5 to 6 weeks just to lose the first 5 lbs. That was with diet and excercise. BUT after that initial 5 lbs I felt like the weight just started falling off. I've now lost 26 lbs since Feb but I've also gained muscle. I wanted to give up in the beginning because I felt like I was working so hard for nothing. I'm so glad I didn't because I'm 34 (and mom of 3) and feeling so much healthier and more in shape than ever. So just keep in mind it can be slow in the beginning. But keep at it and you'll get results that will be worth the wait. Good luck!
  • DebLaBounty
    DebLaBounty Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    It's been 20 days for me, down 4 pounds and I can't see a difference yet.
  • rednote49
    rednote49 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I'm splitting my diet into five week increments. So just completed the first 5 weeks and my tummy feels and looks smaller.
  • gymprincess1234
    gymprincess1234 Posts: 493 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Probably a month. I took first transformation pictures 2,5months in at -12kg loss.
    I started with 4 cardio trainings/week, didn't track my food for the first 3 months, but I kind of lost appetite once I started cardio, cause I knew how hard I worked, so I ate about 1000-1500kcal, which was mainly frozen fruit, sweet potatoes, prawns and sushi. :D

Now I'm 7 months in and the change(from week to week) is not so drastic anymore, so I see the difference mainly in comparison photos, less in the mirror
  • ZephieC
    ZephieC Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Some days I still don't see it but I've lost inches and clothes that were too tight are now too big. There was movement in measurements after 10 lbs or so.
  • MaggiMoonwytch
    MaggiMoonwytch Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    The more you have to lose, the longer and more weight it will take before you start to visibly really show a difference. I've lost half a stone in the last few weeks and my jeans are really loose now but I can't really see a difference yet. The smaller I get the more each half stone will be visible.
  • gamerbabe14
    gamerbabe14 Posts: 876 Member
    Options
    Once I lost 10lbs, it was noticeable in my photos and my clothes. I wouldn't look at it in days/weeks. Every day is different. Photos help a lot.
  • nevadavis1
    nevadavis1 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    All of a sudden this weekend I realized most of my bras are way too large. Not the way I wanted to notice it.

Actually after about two weeks my clothes felt slightly less snug. After a month the clothing was fitting much better and I felt I looked just a little trimmer in the gym mirrors.
  • raidgirl
    raidgirl Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    When I look at myself in mirror I notice the difference....but when I see photos , it does not seem that obvious :(
  • Funmiloves
    Funmiloves Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I don't see it.... but for me, people make comments around the 6 weeks mark
  • ValkyrieOnline
    ValkyrieOnline Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    This might seem weird, but when I lose about 5ish pounds the space under my boobs, above my belly (not really sure what it is called because I am chunky) seems to slope down instead of being extended. My belly still hangs over my pants...but it seems like it has deflated somewhat. Weird. . .but it makes me happy! :blush: But that might be my mind playing tricks on me, but I like it!
  • brendacs21
    brendacs21 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    I started at 178 and I could tell in my clothes after about 10 lbs they actually felt comfortable . I had been wearing them very tight for months. I have lost close to 25 pounds now and ive had to get rid of some clothing that looked really big. Some days I look at myself and still see myself as before and don't notice changes, but the clothes doesn't lie!
  • SafioraLinnea
    SafioraLinnea Posts: 628 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    I'm down 55 pounds of 100 and it took until about 45 pounds before it was really apparent visually. I took before pictures but lost them in a data corruption so now all I have is twenty pounds down and on.

• WayTooHonest
    WayTooHonest Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Take pictures and get out that tape measure. Measure EVERY THING. Arms, thighs, waist, hips, neck, calves, allthethings. Get a fat caliper. The more measurements you take, the more likely you are to have successes you don't even know about, which helps keep you on track. I have had times when the scale did not move for MONTHS, but I was lifting, so I was losing inches. It really helped keep me motivated because of all the numbers I was recording, at least ONE was bound to change.
  • SoulRadiation
    SoulRadiation Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    It's hard to say...but I think after ~3.4-4 months I could really tell because there were some objective things like my belt stopped working and my pants were too big.

I went away for vacation for a week, trimmed my beard...and when I came back with a belt and pants that worked several people said they thought I had suddenly lost a bunch of weight.

I lost ~40 pounds so far...
  • laurenebargar
    laurenebargar Posts: 3,081 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    The first change I noticed about four weeks in, I have a tattoo on my hip that you couldn't see easily because I had excess fat there, I looked in the mirror and you could more easily see it. About 6 weeks in I felt a change when I was in the shower on my stomach, Im now about 12 weeks in and a pair of pants I received from my parents for my birthday couldn't even make it halfway up my thighs, I tried them on this morning and am wearing them right now! Some days I see more of a change then others, I'm about 21 lbs down, I dont expect to see any super noticeable changes until im about 30 lbs or more down.
  • CatchMom11
    CatchMom11 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    When I finally had to go through and purge my closet and dresser of clothes because they absolutely didn't fit anymore. I think this was around 40 lbs. I was still wearing them, but they were just getting way too baggy.

However the big moment for me came when I realized that I needed to go bra shopping because not only were my bras too big around me, but (and I hear angels singing when I think of this) the cup size was too big as well!!! Cheers to smaller boobies!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!