Updating weight?! Every week really? Why!

Options
How often do you update your weight on MFP? I honestly don't want to weight my self but maybe twice a month, if not less. What are your thoughts? I guess I'm still sensitive at seeing such a high weight I'm scared to look. ☹️

Replies

• datbrittish
    datbrittish Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Thanks y'all! Let me download this app and see how it goes.
  • KimbersNewLife
    KimbersNewLife Posts: 644 Member
    Options

Only take but a few seconds to hop on a scale and track the weight. The more you get used to tracking the ups and downs the more you start learning about what working for you or whats not. Also you start being able to track changes in the body to see how it responds to certain changes you implement.

I agree it has really helped me to see what effects certain choices have on my weight and pushes me to make better ones next time or to eliminate a bad habit all together.
  • Running_and_Coffee
    Running_and_Coffee Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    I used to weigh weekly and recently switched to daily but record weekly. Knowing what I weigh every single day, even when I'm bloated or ate too much the night before, is really liberating! I just log the weight once a week as I usually am hopping on the scale on my way to the shower and don't have my phone with me!

• glassyo
    glassyo Posts: 7,615 Member
    Options
    I weigh once a week and then log the average of those weeks at the end of the month.
  • Penthesilea514
    Penthesilea514 Posts: 1,189 Member
    Options
    I also have the Happy Scale app so I weigh daily but the fluctuations are rather interesting vs discouraging. I pretty much know how my body will react to X amount of extra carbs even within the same calories due to water... different times during my cycle etc. If you think it will stress you out just weigh only 2x/month, what we think isn't going to make a difference.

This is true for me too- I do it daily to watch the fluctuations as a matter of data, not discouragement, and use the Happy Scale app. But is 2x a month works for you, go for it :smiley:
  • estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    Options
    I get on the scale every day, but more to be aware of fluctuations. I update MFP once a week, Sunday AM, before breakfast. I take my measurements every 4 weeks.
  • slaite1
    slaite1 Posts: 1,307 Member
    Options
    I like to weigh every day. It's liberating. Sometimes the scale calls me fat but once in while it tells me I'm skinny and I log that weight.

Often the scale is a lying *kitten* and weighing daily helped me understand that.
  • NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
    Options
    Every day. Knowledge is power.
  • DrizztGirl82
    DrizztGirl82 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I do every day. I personally like knowing on a daily basis. Plus I like the graph to see the previous week/month and see what direction the weight is going.