Getting back on the horse...

Options
kshadows
kshadows Posts: 1,315 Member
So, MFP has been my savior, my WMD, the answer to everything I needed, in the past. I lost 60ish pounds in 18 months after I found it. However. Once I'd reached my goals and was thrilled with how I looked, I logged out and didn't come back. Here now, a year after I stopped, I've gained 10 pounds. It doesn't sound like much but it sure LOOKS like a lot. I can feel it in my clothes..while I haven't had to change sizes, things are definitely tighter.

At the end of last summer, I'd gone through some seriously stressful times and lost additional weight and I was down to 114 lbs at one point and looked very unhealthy, so I gave up trying to eat well, and just ATE so I could gain a bit....that sort of spiraled out of control and now here I am. I planned at New Years, the end of February, March,....I keep planning but never starting. It annoys me to no end because I KNOW what I need to do. I know how it works. I just haven't been able to get onto the train. So I'm here today, and I'm starting today.

SW: 129 lbs
GW: 120 lbs

Replies

• TorrizzleWillSizzle
    TorrizzleWillSizzle Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Welcome back :smile: I am familiar with stopping, starting, stopping & starting again, my difference is I never actually meet my goals. I'm "starting" again today also, Good luck to you!
  • CMNVA
    CMNVA Posts: 733 Member
    Options
    Welcome back and congrats for coming back BEFORE it got too bad.

I came back a week and a half ago. I lost 16 lbs and, like you, for one reason or another, got a little too thin. I decided to eat a little more to get to a better weight. That's where I seem to lose it. So, I found that I gained back 13 of my 16 lbs.
  • nightengale7
    nightengale7 Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    Welcome back, and so good for you to have decided to take control before things got too bad! You can do this! Would love to be friends, shoot me a FR if you want. :smile:
  • Iamnotasenior
    Iamnotasenior Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    You're tackling this thing early on, which is great! I am back after having lost 25 pounds and then putting it all back on plus an additional 10 pounds. I think I'm finally resigned to having to always log what I eat if I want to lose the weight AND keep it off. Welcome back.