Summer 2017 where are you going on Vacation/Holidays

Options
TARGET65K
TARGET65K Posts: 150 Member
We are going to Crete for a few weeks and to Ireland for a week.
Crete for its beautiful beaches, people and great food at low prices.
Ireland for our family, old friends and rain and more rain, that's why we live in France.0i5g8238bm07.jpg
ili2dav16pu3.jpg
iftbk0j9388w.jpg
ctwhpr6vmvbd.jpg
tm1ptct4t0on.jpg

Replies

• ShellyPru84
    ShellyPru84 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Gatlinburg TN. We always go there in July for our anniversary. We are planning a beach trip to Florida in October.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,793 Member
    Options
    Wife and I are going for 2 weeks in Maui in June. Week long Motorcycle ride down PCH with my buddies in August. When I get back from that my wife and I are going to Vegas for a week.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    Summer sucks for me at work and it's pretty much impossible to take any meaningful time off for a proper vacation...we don't do much in the summer other than long weekend camping trips each month.

Going to Tanzania over Christmas.
  • jw0110
    jw0110 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I'm off to the Philippines for Christmas, still a while to go yet but gives me more time to attempt to get a half decent beach body
  • km8907
    km8907 Posts: 3,861 Member
    Options
    Murphy, NC for a week.

nrdnsvyap1bd.jpg

ghanm9aoj091.jpg
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Options
    I can't decide, but it's going to be a road trip. I love getting in the car with little plans and just heading out on an adventure! It's exciting, the anticipation of the unknown.
    I love stopping in random little towns and walking around or stopping at whatever may interest me along the way. The ultimate destination will include ocean views of some sort and a place I've never been to before.
  • LittleHearseDriver
    LittleHearseDriver Posts: 2,677 Member
    Options
    I'll be lucky if I can afford to buy a kiddie pool and put it in my back yard :D
  • FeraFilia
    FeraFilia Posts: 4,664 Member
    Options
    Virginia Beach to see family and friends next month. Can't wait!
  • linreadsy
    linreadsy Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    TheRoadDog wrote: »
    Wife and I are going for 2 weeks in Maui in June. Week long Motorcycle ride down PCH with my buddies in August. When I get back from that my wife and I are going to Vegas for a week.

Maybe we'll see you there. Maui for 2 weeks also!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    Vikka_V wrote: »
    I can't decide, but it's going to be a road trip. I love getting in the car with little plans and just heading out on an adventure! It's exciting, the anticipation of the unknown.
    I love stopping in random little towns and walking around or stopping at whatever may interest me along the way. The ultimate destination will include ocean views of some sort and a place I've never been to before.

That sounds nice...do you have kids? I used to love road trips and unplanned adventures before kids...now, not so much. Just drove to Tuscon over the MM Day weekend and it's only 7 hours and I thought I was going to level my kids about 4 hours in.
  • megemrj
    megemrj Posts: 547 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    This summer we spruced up by our pool instead of a long family vacation. New grill/griddle, pergola, plants, furniture, the works!! We're doing short trips though. July - We're doing a long weekend in Atlanta for my son's 18th b-day and a Metallica concert, then another weekend trip in August to a theme park with Skillet concert.

Real family vacation will be in November for large theme parks and spending time with family!
  • TARGET65K
    Options
    I'm also off to Crete in July can't wait first time going there

Hi Avocado_Angel
    I lived in Crete for a year, so if you need any information
    i.e. best beaches, car hire, bus timetable, markets,restaurants, etc.
  • Panda8ach
    Panda8ach Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    I'm going to Cornwall for a week and then Scotland for another week in August
  • Panda8ach
    Panda8ach Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Weight loss target is for a bikini
  • Dnarules
    Dnarules Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    Just got back from Germany. Also visited Prague one weekend and Italy the other weekend but was mostly in Germany

dxmo7x3vja3h.jpg

pj0qg9vaj2vj.jpg

rbkufj8f9h77.jpg

Where was the second pic taken? It looks familiar.
  • TARGET65K
    Options
    TARGET65K wrote: »
    I'm also off to Crete in July can't wait first time going there

Hi Avocado_Angel
    I lived in Crete for a year, so if you need any information
    i.e. best beaches, car hire, bus timetable, markets,restaurants, etc.

Thanks a lot I might just do that, I'm going to rethymnon area don't know if you've been around there before ?
    Rethymnon is on the north coast which is the touristy part of the island, so if you want to party its perfect for you. The old quarter of Rethymnon is very interesting with lots of narrow streets with tavernas and shops.
    The best beaches are Elafonissi, Preveli, Balos and Vai. Preveli beach is the nearest to Rethymnon about a 45 minute drive.
    Matala town is worth an overnight stay. The hippies colonized it during the 70's and its still the best place to chill out on the Island.