Fitbit help

Options
I just got a Fitbit flex 2 yesterday, went out with the intention of getting a zip or one so that I could clip it to myself reason being I am a hairdresser so use my arms an awful lot throughout the day. The salesperson talked me into the flex 2 and I just blowdried my own hair and as a test watched my steps and they sure did climb! Changed wrists and it was better but then another motion like brushing made it climb too. So what do I do? Is there somewhere else I can put the little tracker? I was so excited but now think the readings will be completely inaccurate

Replies

• purplepadres
    purplepadres Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I've looped mine around my shoe laces, as well as belt loops.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    In the Fitbit app, mark that it's on your dominant wrist whether it is or not and it will take away a lot of those incidental steps. I'm right handed and wear my Fitbit on my left wrist, but it believes that's my dominant hand to minimize the movements I make when I'm moving things around my job.
  • jasminehamer
    jasminehamer Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I wear mine round my ankle as my job I have to be bare below the elbows and catches every step :)
  • holliemaybe
    holliemaybe Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I wear dresses and boots or heels at work so I unfortunately don't have laces or boot loops, but I will definitely do the dominant wrist setting on the non dominant side and hope that helps. Is there a clip attatchment you can buy to slip the tracker in to?
  • raquele3394
    raquele3394 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    There is pendant that you can buy at fitbit.com!4nl9p3xjm10g.png
  • holliemaybe
    holliemaybe Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I saw that I want it, going to require some saving though haha