UK based happy to welcome global friends- cyclist and log diary daily!

Options
chezmoss
chezmoss Posts: 79 Member
Hi been inactive for a while, sadly as is my friends list...
Therefore I'm looking for new motivated friends who are here regularly, so we can share the journey.
I'm changing me eating habits(again) and I log my diary daily, along with trying to increase my activity.
I used to compete as a cyclist but had a long break & I'm just getting back into riding the bike for fun.
Which is a challenge on 2 counts:
1) getting back into lycra- I'm currently stretching its capability, litterally!
2) my ego is taking a battering, now I get passed by everyone and continue to loose Strava QOM's!
Be great to make friends and hear what challenges you have.

Replies

• velodromevixen
    velodromevixen Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I'm a cyclist in Northern San Diego, California. I am friendless in this fitnesspal community but I do have a few Strava friends that I do club rides with. I'm just starting to log my caloric intake/output as I stepped on the scale this morning and found that I've recently gained 6 pounds in addition to the 15 I wanted to lose already. Need to get back to my velodrome race weight.

I could use some cycling friends on on here for motivation.
  • JetJaguar
    JetJaguar Posts: 801 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    I'm a cyclist and split my time between road and mountain bikes. I've returned to the sport after a long break and I'm currently working to get back down to my riding weight. I'm always looking to add other cyclists friends.
  • chezmoss
    Options
    Good to have you both onboard!
  • alidaalberts
    alidaalberts Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hi I like to cycle too. Get out as much as possible on my single road bike and when hubby is around we ride our tandem.
    Have to have a torn meniscus fixed in a week so will have to take a short break to heal
  • chezmoss
    Options
    Alidaalberts - good luck with the opperation next week.
    Sadly, I have no idea how to friend request, it would be great to see your progress and have you as a friend, if you have the know how?
  • JetJaguar
    JetJaguar Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    chezmoss wrote: »
    Alidaalberts - good luck with the opperation next week.
    Sadly, I have no idea how to friend request, it would be great to see your progress and have you as a friend, if you have the know how?

Not sure about the phone app, but on the web version you click on the user name and that will open a little popup window. Clicking on the user name again in the popup will bring you to their profile page, and there will be an "add friend" button.
  • chezmoss
    Options
    Jetjaguar thanks for help-sadly I'm struggling to figure it out on my phone & iPad.
  • chezmoss
    Options
    Thanks new friends- the extra support is really helping my focus and wth motivation. I've also worked out how to friend