One month to loose 20 pounds, I NEED HELP!

Options
I've used my fitness pal for years but never stuck with it until this past month. But this past week, I've lost my groove. Between planning/setting up my sisters baby shower this past weekend and dealing with the loss of my sisters best friend all in the same week, I've just lost my commitment. I NEED to stay on track this month and I could really use some help. I don't have money for a gym membership right now but still want to get good exercise and I want to focus on eating about 6 small yummy but healthy meals a day. Anyone with suggestions or just positive, motivational vibes PLEASE send them my way. Not sure if I can do this alone! Thanks in advance :)

Replies

• malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    Unless you want to lose a lot of muscle and damage your health, 20 pounds in a month isn't going to happen. If that's all you have to lose, then 2-4 pounds will be your best bet.
  • Luna3386
    Luna3386 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    Focus on eating in a calorie deficit. Don't worry about how fast it comes off. We want to lose weight in a healthy way that will stay off forever.
  • DebLaBounty
    DebLaBounty Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    Take a 30 minute walk every day. Eat at a calorie deficit. Drink lots of water. Congratulate yourself for losing 2-4 pounds in a month.
  • fiddletime
    fiddletime Posts: 1,862 Member
    Options
    I lost 20# in 3 month and got to goal weight. I also gained it back in 6 months. I also got sick and had no energy. Give your body and health a break, and lose slowly. 2-3 pounds a month. Good luck. Hang in there.
  • livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    Why the rush? What happens if you don't lose 20lbs in a month? (I'm going to guess nothing)

Losing fast is not best, especially if you don't have a lot to lose. Stick at your deficit - you just need to focus on the calories. Exercise of any description will help you with your deficit and general fitness but it's not necessary.
  • tufntender
    tufntender Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Well, I think your goal is a little bit unrealistic and maybe unhealthy to be honest. But. I think you can lose about 10 lb by being determined. I lost 30 lb in about 3 months When I first started I opted to do Intermittent fasting. I had tried other eating habits/ things before and I just have had a hard time controlling myself. Bad thing though, I am hypoglycemic, so I had to adjust for that but overall it did wonders. I would not eat until 3 or 4 pm, believe me , it was hard. lol. And I'd only eat from 4 to 9 or so. I also started walking at least 30 min a day, some days up to an hour. Lots of water too instead of sugary drinks. I think you can do it.Good luck and don't set your goals too high
  • FinFoxPT
    FinFoxPT Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Chop off a limb=20lbs.
    Sorry but the goal WILL set you up for failure. You deserve better from yourself.
    Set a daily step count. Do one fitness activity outside the home and two at home.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    unless you have over 100lbs to lose, 20lbs in a month is not happening.
  • tammymccraw
    tammymccraw Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    It can be done, but you'd be far better off listening to these folks here and foregoing whatever instant gratification purpose you feel you must lose that amount of weight for, and putting your health and your metabolism first. Utimately you will face disappointment when you have worked your butt off for 30 days, starved yourself nearly to death, and been at a huge caloric deficit, damaging your hormones and metabolism, only to crazily binge and put it all back on in a week... plus more!