p90x/insanity hybrid

Options
Anyone in not great shape taking this on i get mixed opinions on if i should do the hybrid first or start off with p90x first...im trying to lose 88lbs and want the best results.

Replies

• elzettel
    elzettel Posts: 256
    Options
    I haven't done p90x but I've done Insanity. I would not attempt Insanity if I hadn't been in fairly good shape...I still huffed and puffed. I don't want to deter you from stretching yourself but I don't want you to start something and get discouraged. Maybe start with the 30 day shred (uses intervals as well) and slowly increase your fitness level.
  • Pamela3
    Pamela3 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I started with Insanity, but I get bored of my livingroom so I switch it up here and there with outdoor activities. Once I finish it, I'll do p90x and then do a hybrid

I'm currently 209lbs. I lost 90lbs 2007-2009 and gained 40 over the last 2.5 years. All I have to say is once you get there, don't ever let it go becuase doing it again BLOWS!
  • sche1amy
    sche1amy Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    30 Day Shred really is a good one. I am almost at the end so it does not come off as fast for me. For someone just starting out this is a great DVD to use. I saw results when I measured and am so happy. Even not huge numbers it still is a loss.
  • lauristewart
    lauristewart Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I would do one or the other....doing both might be too much at first. They both are pretty tough, but Insanity is INSANE!!! P90X is mainly resistance based....with a little cardio, and Insanity is mainly cardio but still get resistance training. I am more of an Insanity fan than P90X, but I now mix Insanity with spinning and other weight using dvd's to make sure I do get my resistance training in. I mix it up with The Firm, Bob Haper, and Jackie Warner. I rarely ever get bored!! I would choose one, and do the other, then mix it up. Good luck!
  • Umpire57
    Umpire57 Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    The only reason for Hybrid is variety. If you are just starting and never done either then I would do each first before combining them.
  • Minilover36
    Minilover36 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I havent used insanity but I do the P90-X. I dont do it on a reg basis though. I like to mix it up.P-90X is good because they tell you to do what you can not what they are doing and he shows you easier versions of some things. Its has several cardio dvds and also has dvds with weights.
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options
    I would start with P90X lean. You get some tough and varied cardio and resistance workouts. Insanity requires a lot more endurance IMO.

good luck :flowerforyou:
  • runnergrl82
    Options
    Thanks guys!!!