I'm ready to quit .this calorie limit is wrong ...

Options
I'm not one who is a quitter but I'm i have not lost one pound in 3 months .
Scientifically it makes absolutely no sense and I'm pissed .
I eat 1200 calories per day and my resting metabolic rate isc1600 = 400 deficit every day !!! One website says I should be eating 1600 calories thus says 1200 clearly this is just too little food for me .. my trainer sis an assessment and it said 1700 calories so what the heck is going on !!!
I would like to know what calorie guidelines you people use because clearly my body is starving and not letting go of one driven pound

Replies

• livingleanlivingclean
    livingleanlivingclean Posts: 11,751 Member
    Options
    Sorry to hear you're frustrated...
    How are you determining your intake? Do you use a food scale to weigh all solids, and measure all liquids you consume?
  • estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    Options
    If your body were starving, the weight would be coming off. Starvation mode is a myth. It could be that you're eating more than you think, or that your exercise burns aren't as high as you believe.

I use MFP's guidelines to lose 1.5 lbs/week and I'm on 1380 (as a sedentary 5'3" woman).
  • Gump279
    Gump279 Posts: 4 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Hey. First off starvation mode is not real.

There are two options moving forward about your weight stalling:
    1:You are stuck on a plateau which effectively means you are going to stay within a pound or two of your current weight regardless of how good you are at counting your calories. If you have yet to lose any weight then this is unlikely. You should have seen some water weight results at the very least if you've actually begun to eat less.

2: The far more likely option is that you are eating more than you think. Log everything you put in your mouth, and purchase a food scale and measuring cups. If you can't think back on your day and remember every calorie you consumed then you are not making steps to reduce your food intake. Most of the extra calories you consume at the start will be without you noticing (I like to call this grazing). So start noticing, and logging, everything.

• TonyB0588
    TonyB0588 Posts: 9,520 Member
    Options
    What information did you put in to MFP for starters? What us your height, current weight, and goal weight? I lost weight on 1810 calories per day.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,178 Member
    Options
    I dropped my calories to 1250 cal, weighed everything carefully so that I knew exactly what I was eating, and I exercised every single day but only ate half my exercise calories back.

Although I had selected to lose 0.5 kg/week, I lost 1 kg/week.

Enter your details into MFP, and be meticulous with your logging.
  • tanktopsandflipflops
    Options
    when I followed the 1200 from mfp at 5feet tall with my old account I lost nothing. I bumped it up to 1400 and started losing. I slowly bumped it up more and more while ensure I was still loosing and I can now eat approx 1700 on workout days and still loose. I do a lot of weight lifting, and cardio 3 times a week. how much are you working out? are you eating back the adjustment calories?