How to lose weight off stomach

Options
Just that really. I have a very fat and wobbly stomach. In particular the very lower part of it.
Is there anything you can recommend to work on this area.
I a man working on my overall weight loss but this doesn't seem to help.
I am also looking to start more excercise part form walking which I do already.
Was planning on doing 30 day shred but it is gone from you tube.
Got some advice re fitnessblender so I will look in to that.
Is there anything I can do to help myself or am I going to have a wobbly lower belly for the rest of my life?...

Replies

• duddysdad
    duddysdad Posts: 402 Member
    Options
  • rsclause
    rsclause Posts: 3,103 Member
    Options
    Fat loss is not targeted so your body will decide. Usually the problem areas are the last to go and the first to come back. Bottom line is just maintain a calorie deficit until you reach your goal weight. Some exercise can help it along but is not mandatory.
  • angelawrence11
    angelawrence11 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    There's no way to do targeted fat loss, but you may find that ab workouts to tone the muscle under that area may make you feel a lot tighter and fitter! Even though it's your lower an region, find YouTube videos that target your whole core (you need to keep your muscles balanced!). Pairing this with cardio and other body weight exercises could be a good start to toning up. A ton of people here love HIT. I personally haven't done it, but perhaps you can find threads about this specifically to learn more.
  • CasperNaegle
    CasperNaegle Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    Getting lots of right answers.. You simply can not make your body burn fat in any specific area. You just have to lose weight, drop fat and your body will drop it in the order it does, every body is different.
  • Coffeeonice
    Coffeeonice Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Thanks all. It was what I thought but I said I would ask just in case anyone had any miracles.
    Currently I am only getting back on track since early May. I have added walking to routine but no other exercises.
    Just had a read of that link and I like it..
    Better just get back to the business of losing fat then.
    Thanks again
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,876 Member
    Options
    pratainua wrote: »
    Just that really. I have a very fat and wobbly stomach. In particular the very lower part of it.
    Is there anything you can recommend to work on this area.
    I a man working on my overall weight loss but this doesn't seem to help.
    I am also looking to start more excercise part form walking which I do already.
    Was planning on doing 30 day shred but it is gone from you tube.
    Got some advice re fitnessblender so I will look in to that.
    Is there anything I can do to help myself or am I going to have a wobbly lower belly for the rest of my life?...

You can't spot reduce or dictate where fat will come off. The belly area is usually primary fat stores for males...primary fat stores are first on, last off. Even when I'm pretty lean and you can get nary a pinch of skin anywhere on my body, I still have a little lower ponce.
  • AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    pratainua wrote: »
    Thanks all. It was what I thought but I said I would ask just in case anyone had any miracles.
    Currently I am only getting back on track since early May. I have added walking to routine but no other exercises.
    Just had a read of that link and I like it..
    Better just get back to the business of losing fat then.
    Thanks again

There are no miracles. Most men retain fat in their midsection (stomach/love handles) and it's often the last place you'll lose it from. No food, supplement or particular exercise can change that.