Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Nope sorry, I love my carbs!
  • sarahdelrosso
    sarahdelrosso Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Getting rid of simple carbs is a great idea. I do eat the sprouted wheat though cause of all of the nutrients. Also trying the USANA protein shakes, which substitute meals and are working out so far.
  • brelin1
    brelin1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    [I have found some good low carb, high protein shakes out there. Low carb products at the stores are pretty much available any where. Look on the internet and pinterest for low carb recipes, there are many good ones. I love my potatoes and pasta so every few weeks I fit a meal in with them I have found that 70 net carbs works for me to lose weight and feel good. (carbs-fiber) Every one is different though. Don't give up even if you give in to a craving. Each meal is a chance to refocus. You got this!
  • mandyneedtolose
    mandyneedtolose Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    I am doing low carb too! Welcome!! :) Add me if you'd like!
  • princesswantstobethin
    Options
    I too am trying low carb. Its only been 5 days so far though lol so I havent weighed yet. Its not easy for sure. I am a work in progress, or under construction.
  • trystin
    trystin Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    The first few days will suck. It gets better after that. Don't give into the feelings your going to get the first few days. I am on a diet with 50% protein 40% fats and 10% carbs on about 12-1600 cals a day. It's working great
  • ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome! I suggest you check out the following main low carber daily forum group here in MFP. It's where most of us Ketophiles (low carbers) tend to hang out:

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/discussions/394-low-carber-daily-forum-the-lcd-group
  • Numericmama373
    Numericmama373 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I'm cutting carbs too, but mainly through bread products. I had no grains yesterday. But some sugar in my coffee. Anything else was just part of the food, like an apple.

My friend went to a dietician and that's what she suggested.

I get a lot of recipes from the diabetes website. They are usually packed with veggies too. My friend's son is prediabetic and this helps us support him.
  • BedsideTableKangaroo
    BedsideTableKangaroo Posts: 736 Member
    Options

yeah, check out ladipoet's link, lot's of good info. first read through the pinned posts there.