Not having a good week... :(

Options
Over the last 2 weeks I did everything right, including working out everyday. So when I got on the scale and only saw a 4oz loss it was quite depressing. I know I should be happy it was a loss but now I think that threw me into a funk.

All weekend I ate horribly and even yesterday I didn't go to the gym instead I went home on DH and I had chinese food for dinner. Granted you can make some good choices but General Tso chicken is NOT one of them.

I just feel like I'm on a downward spiral now and can't stop, almost at times it's like I don't care...I'm getting the "what's the point" attitude and I don't want to. Help me get out of this funk....:frown:

Replies

• J3nnaLyn
    J3nnaLyn Posts: 125
    Options
    I just try to tell myself that the slower it comes off, the longer it will stay that way. WE all just have to get out of the "instant gratification" feeling in weight loss. For me, it's taken 23 years to get this way and if it takes a year or two to get rid of it I think that's an accomplishment! It looks like you don't have much left to lose, and you look great, so just keep plugging away at it! It's okay to have a few bad days. Look through the befores and afters, too! Those help! And remember that you'll feel even worse if you eat unhealthy foods.
  • kmcgrath1
    kmcgrath1 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Oh, don't I know it! My body did not like the General Tso's chicken and was definitely letting me know that last night!
  • MrsSWW
    MrsSWW Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    I always find that it takes a week or two for my good (or indeed bad) eating to show on the scales. Be firm with yourself, you've got a bit off track over the weekend, but that just means you'll have to be extra good the rest of the week.

Sunday evening I ate a full tub of Haagen Dzs to myself. Not one of the individual tubs, the 500ml one. Did better yesterday, and will do better today. Don't beat yourself up about a Chinese, you have to let go ONCE in a while. Add me if you like x
  • 3kidsin3years
    3kidsin3years Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    No, no, no!! Don't let it get you down and don't give up, you're just gaining momentum! =) Like everyone else says, it didn't just appear overnight, it's not going to disappear overnight either! Glad your belly let you know it didn't like the food last night, next time, you'll remember that feeling and it'll help you make a better choice! I find that a lot these days, I feel not so hot after I've eaten too much or the wrong things and I'm glad, it helps me to not do that again. Good luck and keep on track, you can do this! =)
  • tararocks
    tararocks Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I actually jsut had a few days like this, started off with back to back nights of grown up beverages and bad choices all around, by the third day i felt horrible my body felt gross and mad at me for putting all that crap in it..having said all that Sunday was busy i didn't want to go to the store and then cook something healthy, but i did, and i felt better, then i made the family go for a walk-not my normal power walk, just a stroll but i felt better, and then the next thing i knew I woke up Monday and it was a Fantastic new day and i was back on the wagon that quick....you can do this!!
  • pbajwally
    pbajwally Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I think you are absolutely human to feel like this. No one is perfect and we all have weaknesses. And if we don't indulge once in awhile, you really WILL fall into a downward spiral. The point is that you recognize your behavior. You're not dwelling on it -- you pick yourself up, dust yourself off and put one foot right back in front of the other. Sounds silly, I know. But sometimes it's the most basic information that makes the most sense. I myself, am struggling a LOT right now. I'm happily married, I have two wonderful boys, life is pretty great. I'm grateful that I'm healthy and happy. But there is a part of me, deep down and dark where no one can see -- this is where all the self-loathing goes on. This is what I need to work on. If I can combine the self-image improvement with eating healthy and exercising I will hit the trifecta! It is a journey of gargantuan proportion, lemme tell ya! Feel better, and know that you are not alone!! :)
  • sgoldman328
    sgoldman328 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Never give up!!! You can do this! We're all here for you!!!
  • DRJJ2004
    DRJJ2004 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    It's not about how many times you fall....it's about how many times you pick yourself back up!!! You can do this! Don't give up!! We can help you be accountable.

Hugs!
  • DRJJ2004
    DRJJ2004 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I read this poem the other day and it really made me look at my losses in a different light.

One Pound of Fat

Hello! Do you know me? If you don't, you should.
    I am ONE POUND OF FAT, and I am the happiest pound of FAT that you would ever want to meet!

Want to know why? It's because no one ever wants to lose me! After all, I am only ONE POUND OF FAT. Just ONE POUND. Everyone wants to lose 3 or 5 or 15 pounds, but never ONLY one.

So, I just stick around and happily keep you. Then I am free to add to myself, ever so slyly, so that you never seem to notice...

That is, until I have grown to 10, 20 or even 30 pounds in weight...

YES... it is fun being ONLY ONE POUND OF FAT... left to do just as I please.

So, when you weigh in, go ahead... just keep on saying, "Oh I only lost one pound." (As if that is so terrible.) For you see, if you do this, you will encourage others to hang around me because they will think that I am not worth losing.

And I LOVE being around you... your arms, your legs, your chin, your hips, and every other part of you. HAPPY DAYS! After all, I am ONLY ONE POUND OF FAT!!!

---author unknown---
  • lacostalot
    lacostalot Posts: 22
    Options
    Stick with it!!! I think we all have days (or weeks?) like that and that is because our moods and bodies change with what would appear to be the weather!!!

So you had a chinese. . . so what?! I hope you thoroughly enjoyed it as we all owe to ourselves to indulge in such little pleasures from time to time.

Please don't give up and concentrate on the things that make you happy. . that always keeps me motivated.

S
    xxx
  • srossjuly
    srossjuly Posts: 1
    Options
    I am having the same kind of week. Feel like I've been depriving myself all week and for no weight loss. Hoping to fight off a bad attitude that I can feel is coming....