I'm more than half way there!!

Options
tbudro
tbudro Posts: 27 Member
edited June 2017 in Success Stories
One year ago today I started the journey of a lifetime!! I'm now -93.6 lighter! I was hoping to be able to say I was -100 lbs today, but that will come soon enough.
In March 2016 (picture on the left) I weighed more than I have ever weighed. I was miserable, uncomfortable in my own body. I was already on per-hypertension medicine.
In May 2016, I went to the doctor for my normal yearly blood work and check-up. He told me that I was pre-diabetic, and that he would put my on meds if I didn't lose weight and get my sugars down.
I was devastated... then I got angry at myself. The only reason I was in this predicament is because I didn't eat right. How stupid is that? SO....
June 12, 2016 I started my diet, determined, unrelenting, on a mission to get healthy. Between March and June, I had lost 14 lbs. not realizing it.
December 2016, Thanksgiving and Christmas happened (+5 lbs.)... nonetheless, I had dropped -30 lbs by the end of the year by making better choices and watching portions.
Sometime around October 2016, my friend (a competitive body builder), Dwayne posted on FB that he was privately coaching/helping people learn to eat healthier, lose weight, work out, and generally get healthy. I jumped all over that offer and signed up.
January 2, 2017 I started with Dwayne, I slowly began learning to eat right, eat what our bodies actually need to keep our metabolism at full speed. I knew this would be a lifetime change and was ready to make it.
It's now June 12, 2017. I've lost -49.6 more lbs. with my friend/coach, a total of 93.6 lbs.. I feel better than I have ever felt, I weigh less than I did in high school, and I don't remember the last time I bought this size in clothing (4 sizes smaller). I'm a single mom, so I'm pretty frugal... having to buy new clothes stung the pocket book a little, but has been so much fun also!!
And today (picture on the right) here I am, a year into this, I am no longer on blood pressure meds, my sugars are perfect, I'm no longer pre-diabetic, and I can't believe I can actually say, "I've lost 93 and 1/2 lbs!"
My goal here is only to inspire!! If I can do it, YOU CAN TOO! Decide to change your life, then affect that change! It's NOT easy. There's no fast fix. It's hard work. It took years to get overweight, it WILL take years to get healthy again, but it will be the best decision you've ever made... the hard work, the sweat, and tears (and there will be tears) is all worth it!
I'm not finished yet!! Once I hit that -100 lbs mark, I'll be ready to set my next big goal!!
wocaw6pqcila.jpg

Replies

• kimothy38
    kimothy38 Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    tbudro wrote: »
    If I can do it, YOU CAN TOO! Decide to change your life, then affect that change! It's NOT easy. There's no fast fix. It's hard work. It took years to get overweight, it WILL take years to get healthy again, but it will be the best decision you've ever made... the hard work, the sweat, and tears (and there will be tears) is all worth it!
    Good on you! Awesome effort. I totally agree with this^^^. When people ask me what I've been doing I say it's been 6 months of early mornings with a personal trainer, watching what I eat, fasting 2 days a week, and lots of sweat (and some tears). Their eyes glaze over after 5 seconds because it's not the quick fix they wanted.
  • tbudro
    tbudro Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    It truly is a life change... not a diet.
  • bluets2011
    bluets2011 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    This part of the community keeps me going!!!! Well done you! Great work and determination!
  • lisabobczuk
    lisabobczuk Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    You must feel on cloud nine! What an achievement. Good for you and well done! You look awesome
  • CatMama526
    CatMama526 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Awesome job!!!! :)
  • annbutler619
    annbutler619 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    How fantastic you must feel. I began my journey. I am encouraged by your effort. Thanks for inspiring others. It helps.
  • tracyj1247
    tracyj1247 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Wow you look great!
  • Panda8ach
    Panda8ach Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    You're an amazing woman! You look great. Well done you :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!