Headache

simi1421
simi1421 Posts: 30 Member
I have the worst headache today. I wish it would go away!

Replies

• cee134
    cee134 Posts: 33,711 Member
    What?

8q5aoa5eagcr.gif
  • J_NY_Z
    J_NY_Z Posts: 2,540 Member
    I get headaches all the time. Are you drinking enough water? Advil Liquidgels work great for me. Fast acting. Good luck.
  • SomebodyWakeUpHIcks
    SomebodyWakeUpHIcks Posts: 3,836 Member
    Are you hoping your husband reads this?
  • JeepHair77
    JeepHair77 Posts: 1,291 Member
    Ugh, I'm so sorry.

You know what sometimes helps when Tylenol/Advil isn't cutting it? Benadryl, in addition to the pain reliever. Preferably the liquid, children's formula, because it works faster. The active ingredient in Benadryl seems to be a mild OTC muscle relaxer.
  • LittleHearseDriver
    LittleHearseDriver Posts: 2,677 Member
    o5wceg1ibcz5.png
  • JeepHair77
    JeepHair77 Posts: 1,291 Member
    o5wceg1ibcz5.png

I'm trying not to laugh at this. I suspect the person who made this meme hasn't ever had a "bad" migraine headache.
  • simi1421
    simi1421 Posts: 30 Member
    I took some advil, waiting for it to kick in. :) Just venting, because often times when I have a headache, I get tempted to eat sugar.
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    I find that salt helps with my headaches sometimes, plus caffeine.
  • Vikka_V
    Vikka_V Posts: 9,563 Member
    Advil + caffeine of some sort works best for me
  • LittleHearseDriver
    LittleHearseDriver Posts: 2,677 Member
    JeepHair77 wrote: »
    o5wceg1ibcz5.png

I'm trying not to laugh at this. I suspect the person who made this meme hasn't ever had a "bad" migraine headache.

I get bad migraines. I've tried this several times and it helps. I don't climb up on my counter, I sit on the edge of the tub.
  • Poisonedpawn78
    Poisonedpawn78 Posts: 1,145 Member
    I had a monocular migraine about a week ago. Talk about a fun ride. I am pretty sure people pay money for that sort of thing.

For those who dont know what it is, in one eye a portion of your vision will white out and then slowly turn into a kaleidoscope of colours, move around your eye and then outward to the edge of your vision and disappear. Lasts about 30-45 minutes. No pain for me, but some do get pain as well.