Best workout program app for traveling professional

Options
Hi there,
I travel a lot for work (out of town 2-4 nights per week) and therefore spend a lot of time trying to squeeze in a workout at a hotel gym. Since the hotel gyms vary in what equipment they offer, I often find myself not being able to to do some of the exercises outlined in whatever pre-planned workout program I'm doing (usually on an APP). I'm not experienced enough to know which exercises I should do to replace the ones I can't do (the ones for which the equipment isn't there).

Does anyone have any recommendation re: which workout APP might offer the most flexibility re: selecting which machines/equipment can be included in the workout program?

Replies

• dmkoenig
    dmkoenig Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    To your point, hotel gyms are highly variable. I often pack TRX training straps with me. They don't take up much room in a suitcase and I hook it up to my hotel room door. Depending on the room configuration it's sometimes a bit narrow but you can get a killer workout with those things. There are lots of YouTube videos and TRX also offers videos and workout ideas.
  • krodizzle1
    krodizzle1 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Thanks
    dmkoenig wrote: »
    To your point, hotel gyms are highly variable. I often pack TRX training straps with me. They don't take up much room in a suitcase and I hook it up to my hotel room door. Depending on the room configuration it's sometimes a bit narrow but you can get a killer workout with those things. There are lots of YouTube videos and TRX also offers videos and workout ideas.

Thanks! This is really helpful - I'm looking into buying these!
  • estherdragonbat
    estherdragonbat Posts: 5,283 Member
    Options
    Might want to look into resistance tubes and bands, too.
  • Rufftimes
    Rufftimes Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    You can do home programs on your phone or tablet, that way you're following the same program no matter where you are. No need for a gym
  • gearhead426hemi
    gearhead426hemi Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    This is the app I used before I got a tracker and heart rate monitor. It's free, you can customize your workouts and it tracks your increases for reps and weights.

https://www.jefit.com/

Now that I have a Polar Loop, and heart rate monitor I use this app. It tracks calories, heart rate, steps everything you need on the road or at home.

https://flow.polar.com

• laha5822
    laha5822 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I love Nike Training Club app. .. It gives you a voice-over for your own music tracks and a variety of interval workouts that require minimal equipment.
  • purplepadres
    purplepadres Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I like 12 Minute Athlete. You can pick which equipment you have available (including just body weight) and it will give you a HIIT workout and timer. It works great when you're on the road a lot.
  • __TMac__
    __TMac__ Posts: 1,665 Member
    Options
    Not an app, but it seems particularly well suited to this challenge.

https://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/the-20-minute-hotel-workout/