What should I do

Options
Hello, I am a 22 yr girl that ways 200 lbs. I would like to wear a bikini but am afraid of what others might think?

Replies

• kschwab0203
    kschwab0203 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    I can certainly relate. My current weight is 185. My fiance asks me every summer to wear a bikini and every summer I go back to the comfort zone of my tankini. I see people of all shapes and sizes out at the beach rocking a bikini, I just don't have the self confidence to do it. So I guess my advice to you would be, if you feel comfortable in a two piece then go for it!
  • Keladelphia
    Keladelphia Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    A few years ago I decided to stop allowing what other people might think to impact any of my decisions; what a freeing feeling it has been. If you want to wear a bikini girl DO IT!
  • RuNaRoUnDaFiEld
    RuNaRoUnDaFiEld Posts: 5,864 Member
    Options
    You're not a girl, you are a grown woman and can wear what the hell you like.

Why care what some one else thinks?
  • miarandibennett
    miarandibennett Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    You're not a girl, you are a grown woman and can wear what the hell you like.

Why care what some one else thinks?

• miarandibennett
    Options
    Thank you, all my life I have been called fat and have been told what to wear and what not to wear
  • neldabg
    neldabg Posts: 1,452 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    If you truly dooley absolutely wish to wear that bikini, wear it. I'm around your age, and I do my best to act without letting others' opinions bother me.
  • miarandibennett
    edited June 2017
    Options
    I have always been self conscious about what I wear because of always being called fat and ugly. I have big bones, jiggly thighs, and the belly roll
  • DebLaBounty
    DebLaBounty Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    I'd ease into it. I bought a bikini I like and started wearing it with a pair of shorts thrown over it. I eventually got the confidence to wear it without shorts.
  • miarandibennett
    Options
    How long did it take to ease out of it
  • Dovekat
    Dovekat Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I'd say if you wanna wear it wear it :smiley: Maybe if you feel a little nervous go with (assuming a pool or beach here lol) some supportive friends and/or take a cover up in case you want extra security or it get's cold.
    I have personally never gotten up the courage to wear a two piece (never even tried one on) but totally support anyone who decides to rock them :smile:
  • miarandibennett
    edited June 2017
    Options
    That's another thing, I don't really have any friends except people that are friends with my boyfriend
  • Dovekat
    Dovekat Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I'm in pretty much in the same boat myself there not really got a circle of friends as I'm a bit of a oyster, "solitary and self-contained" to quote Dickens :wink: I can't go to the pool or beach alone though no... just... no.... Do you think your BF / shared friends would go with you? At least the first time or two until you've gained confidence. :smile:
  • miarandibennett
    Options
    I know he will, but he's probably the only 1
  • mandy_godfree
    mandy_godfree Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    Do what you want to do. If you want to wear a bikini wear one. I've spent a lot of my life around pools, either swimming or as a lifeguard when I was younger. When I see someone who is of the bigger build turn up in any sort of swimming costume I just want to applaud them because they don't let size dictate their lifestyle and they stay active. No matter what size you are there's always someone bigger than you who is proud enough to do wear what the rest of us wish we were brave enough to wear. And secretly those of us who are complete wuss' are secretly jealous of the proud. So wear it if that's what you want to do.
  • eyer0ll
    eyer0ll Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    Wear the bikini, and rock the *kitten* out it. There is nothing -- NOTHING -- that should stop you from wearing what makes you feel confident and comfortable.
  • take2spicy
    take2spicy Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    Buy a bikini and put it on your body. Trust me nobody is going to care. I've done it & it was liberating...I know it's scary at first but if you really want to take the leap and you will soon realize it's not a big deal.
  • erienneb66
    erienneb66 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    If you're not comfortable than you're not comfortable and that's OK. But you should also know that it's totally your decision. Who the hell cares what other people might say or think or do. You do what makes you feel OK. I wear a 2 piece and I'm way heavier than 200lbs.
  • middlehaitch
    middlehaitch Posts: 8,485 Member
    Options
    Go get a bikini you love and fits/suits your figure. Get a nice flowing cover-up too.
    Wear the bikini around the house for a few days- really helps you get use to seeing you in it (honestly when I got my first one after almost 40 years I kept giggling every time I saw myself in the mirror I looked so different).

Get one of those gentle tan lotions, like Jergens, that slowly builds a light tan. A bit of even colour all over the body just takes the new to the beach look away.
    Your boyfriend may have to help with the application. B)

Don't forget to wear sun screen.

Cheers, h.