anyone drink hot lemon water in the morning?

Options
I heard that hot/warm lemon water is good to drink in the morning to speed metabolism if you drink it 30mins before eating. I also heard you could add honey?? What are your thoughts?

Replies

• spinurbuttoff
    Options
    My mother-in-law swears by hot lemon water in the morning. I think it tastes awful, but she likes it.
  • breezad
    breezad Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    yeah my nutritionist told me tostart the day off on a warm water and squeeze of lemon juice to start the morning off and speed up my metoblism.
    i think its good but its not like you see results so its hard to stick with it you know... but i wouldnt add honey id just shot a glass down there is not need to put sugar in it. you want it to work as best it can for you! :)
  • Now0rNever
    Now0rNever Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    bump
  • bjohs
    bjohs Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options
    Personally, I'll stick with my 500+ calorie breakfast to rev up my metabolism in the morning. I'd die with just lemon water! lol
  • Rilke
    Rilke Posts: 1,201 Member
    Options
    I really doubt it "speeds metabolism", but it might help get things moving, if you know what I mean.
  • breezad
    breezad Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    Personally, I'll stick with my 500+ calorie breakfast to rev up my metabolism in the morning. I'd die with just lemon water! lol

i think she means first thing in the morning as you wake up then you have breaky about 20min later or whenever you hav breaky :)
  • bjohs
    bjohs Posts: 1,225 Member
    Options

i think she means first thing in the morning as you wake up then you have breaky about 20min later or whenever you hav breaky :)

Whew, thanks for the clarification! I've seen some crazy fad diets on these forums and assumed this was just another one. Doh!
  • abyt42
    abyt42 Posts: 1,358 Member
    Options
    Many years ago, I read "Eat Right for Your Type", and started drinking hot water with lemon. I really like it, and still drink it, but haven't noticed it doing any revving of anything. It's just tasty.

I also like drinking hot water (instead of tea)...so it could just be that I'm a nut.
  • lapamperedchef
    Options
    One liver detox is by using lemon juice. Simply add the juice to a glass of water and sip it throughout the meal. This will help you stomach digest your food and prevent undigested food entering the blood stream. This syndrome is sometimes called a leaky gut. Your liver sees them as contaminates, food particles, even minute particles should not be in the bloodstream. Your liver filters them out. Improving the digestion process relieves the liver of this filtering load. This is a great liver detox.
  • RippedNShredded
    Options
    In addition to Warm water + Lemon I add ground flax seed or physillium husk and drink cranberry water ( Fat Flush diet ).

"The enzymes help your body rid itself of small fatty deposits that get stuck in the lymphatic system. Your cran-water also supports liver function. Liver function is key to detoxification, as the liver is your body's filter and cannot do its job correctly when it is overloaded with toxins."
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    I have what my OH calls "lemony water" every morning!

I get up between 6.30 and 7 when the dog wakes me, put the kettle on, feed him, let him out into the garden, add a slice of lemon (or just juice from a bottle if I have no fresh lemons) to a mug, pour on hot water and take it back to bed! I sip it as I listen to the morning news and prepare myself for a new day.

Hard to be precise about any cause and effect, but I like it, and it seems to suit my system.
  • jagoochie
    jagoochie Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    definatly great to have when you get up before breakfast !
  • Asereth333
    Asereth333 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I've read quite a few times that drinking a glass of water first thing in the morning wakes up your metabolism. I never heard of adding lemon juice but definitely drinking something as soon as you wake up reminds your body its time to work. You could try just using room temperature water and adding a sugar substitute if its the taste that grosses you out.
  • See_Jenn_Run
    Options
    Many years ago, I read "Eat Right for Your Type", and started drinking hot water with lemon. I really like it, and still drink it, but haven't noticed it doing any revving of anything. It's just tasty.

I also like drinking hot water (instead of tea)...so it could just be that I'm a nut.

I like hot water too! At least you're not the only nut. :)