Wednesday Mini Challenge

Options
Charger440
Charger440 Posts: 1,474 Member
Today's challenge is: Push-ups

Let's see if we can do 100 of them.
We are only doing 100 because for todays challenge I want you to do them the hardest way you can.

You can do them any style and you have until midnight to get them done.
You can do them all at once or break them into smaller groups.
If you can't do them all then do what you can. The important thing is that you try to do them.
Make sure you stretch and have fun doing them.
Report back when you are done and let us know how you did.
You can log these challenges as "Calisthenics" I hear.

Mini, Mini goal; This one is a tough one so don't feel at all bad if you can't do them. See how many of these Push ups you can do as Push Up Jacks. They are tough but this is a challenge!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=01kF8UxGC5Y

Let's see how many of you really read all the information I provide. For one of next weeks challenges you will need a deck of playing cards (solitaire in the computer does NOT count). Every house has at least one deck laying around somewhere and were are going to make use of it. I have not used cards this way in more than 15 years myself so it should be a challenge.

Replies

• arh0117
    arh0117 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I'm going to have to pass on this challenge. Not because of laziness, or lack of will, but bc of pure lack of physical ability. :( I used to be able to do a ton of push-ups in high school (used as punishment in marching band), but now I can barely do two in a row, even girl-style!! I will pick back up with the challenges on Thursday, and maybe in a couple weeks I will be able to do push-ups...
  • Charger440
    Options
    I'm going to have to pass on this challenge. Not because of laziness, or lack of will, but bc of pure lack of physical ability. :( I used to be able to do a ton of push-ups in high school (used as punishment in marching band), but now I can barely do two in a row, even girl-style!! I will pick back up with the challenges on Thursday, and maybe in a couple weeks I will be able to do push-ups...

I'd like to accept that answer but theres just one problem. You CAN do wall push-ups. Look them up on youtube and if you can't find them, ask for help, we can help you find them. Now, go challenge yourself! :)
  • arh0117
    arh0117 Posts: 185 Member
    Options

I'd like to accept that answer but theres just one problem. You CAN do wall push-ups. Look them up on youtube and if you can't find them, ask for help, we can help you find them. Now, go challenge yourself! :)

I did receive a message from jmatthews75 telling me just that. I'd never heard of wall push-ups until now so I am in for 100 of those, or maybe more since they are probably way easier. Thanks for the great advice, both of you, and for not letting me fail on this one! :drinker:
  • chicco57
    chicco57 Posts: 298
    Options
    I'm in for this one.. and wondering..why we need a deck of cards inthe future...so that will be interesting to find out... lol
  • Kinda79
    Kinda79 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I'm in! 100 push ups here I come.

arh0117 wall push ups aren't to bad I have to do those as well. Eventually we will get there where regular push ups won't be so bad. Start small and work are way up right! You go girl!! :)
  • Charger440
    Options

I did receive a message from jmatthews75 telling me just that. I'd never heard of wall push-ups until now so I am in for 100 of those, or maybe more since they are probably way easier. Thanks for the great advice, both of you, and for not letting me fail on this one! :drinker:

I try not to post anything that people can't find a way to do. Wall push-ups are much easier and there shouldn't be anyone on this site that can't kick out at least a couple dozen of them in a days time. I'm glad you decided to join us after all though!!

Remember if I say do 100 that means the "goal" is 100 but if you can't do that many don't worry. If you can do more then by all means do more. The goal of all these challenges is to challenge YOURSELF. so, do as much or as little as you can but make sure you challenge yourself with each one.
  • sammy084
    sammy084 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Hump day push up day! Here we go!
  • MrsJax11
    MrsJax11 Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    I was lame yesterday and didn't do the challenge, and I am going to be lame today. After 2 hours paddling on Sunday, ellipitical and 80 dips on Monday, and an hour mowing yesterday, my arms are STILL sore and killing me. I will either ellip or mow or swim today, and get back to the calisthenics and challenges tomorrow....
  • proudmama0118
    proudmama0118 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    I'm in. This is a good one for me... I really need to get re-motivated on my pushups so I don't completely lose them before my next PT test!
  • riamac
    riamac Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    I'm in. I've already done about 40 with Shaun T this morning (INSANITY). Happy Hump Day!!!!
  • Kityngirl
    Kityngirl Posts: 14,332 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I'll do as many standard as I can, but the bulk will probably end up being the slightly easier "girl" style. Lol.

I'm also intrigued by the deck of cards...going to have to search around to see if I have one anywhere.
  • mkaluzny
    mkaluzny Posts: 508 Member
    Options
    I'm in. A question: does the deck have to be complete? i have been accused of not playing with a full deck many times!:tongue:
  • Crystal_Rudolph
    Crystal_Rudolph Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    I am in for 100 girlie-pushups. I am going to attempt to do a regular pushup as well. :blushing:

Also, I have a deck of cards sitting right by my computer right now...so all set for that challenge too! :huh:
  • sharmonesq
    sharmonesq Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm new (sort of). Is this a challenge for a specific group or a challenge for anyone? I would love to be in. I will break them up and hope no one walks in my office during any of my sets LOL My boss my think it odd if he walks in and finds me on the floor behind my desk. LOL
  • sharmonesq
    sharmonesq Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Also, I have a deck of cards handy. My hubby uses them a lot in his workouts. I wonder if you are heading the same direction....
  • prettylittlechubby
    Options
    Im in :D going to try my hardest to do 100...starting now :D
  • luvmybeebees
    luvmybeebees Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I have to say you guys are such a wonderful supportive group! Love it!
  • amsparky
    amsparky Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I've been trying to do at least 50 a day, so hopefully these will get easier...
  • mikebesurfing
    mikebesurfing Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Hey I am in too.
  • goingnowhere
    Options
    Will attempt - some days thinking about it is as far as I get......then I start projects.....weeding, cleaning, mowing, etc but I like being challenged - even if it's only my mind that gets exercised! thank you!!!