Beginning yet again. Over 100 to lose.

Options
annbutler619
annbutler619 Posts: 13 Member
After a divorce and nursing a broken heart, I am ready to make a new life. I lack energy and ability to do much. Something has to change. Almost 60 years old. So, where to begin? One day at a.time.

Replies

• tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,072 Member
    Options
    Good luck. Start at the beginning - set up your account honestly and accurately, get yourself a food scale to measure your food accurately, log a couple of normal days in full - this will help you understand where you are taking in extra calories and then tweak your diet to get it to the calorie allowance given by MFP.
  • annbutler619
    Options
    Thank you.! I'm in the process of moving. My life is in boxes. I plan to set up the food scale and make this a priority.
  • annbutler619
    Options
    I am actually excited to commit full to a healthier me.
    Let's make it happen.
  • mnkyd41
    mnkyd41 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi Ann. Think of this as a new chapter of your life. Age is just a number. Every day is a gift so thank you for sharing your journey to MFP and I hope I can inspire you as much as you have inspired me.
  • carmy7850
    carmy7850 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    You are at the best time of your life..You have always been important so believe it now and concentrate on YOU! Staying true to your goals will make you succeed.It wont be easy at times nobodys perfect but the next morning you wake up and will make it right again. I have lost 60 since January but still have 100 to lose. Add me if you wish to cheer each other, on good days and bad.
  • annbutler619
    Options
    I have been changing out what does not support a healthy life. Focusing on new healthy habits. And marching forward. ONE day at a time, so it doesn't freak me out. I want to enjoy the journey. And laugh like crazy at aging. It's tough but, oh so funny!