Testosterone boost?

Options
I have been diagnosed with with Low T and it has caused me tons of problems. I recently started lifting and I think it has gotten better. I have not had an official test since I started lifting. Anyone have anything that will for sure help boost my levels? I really think its taking a toll on my body I have no energy unless I am at the gym and I have not been able to bring my mood up lately.

Replies

• AnvilHead
    AnvilHead Posts: 18,344 Member
    Options
    The only thing that will boost your test levels to any significant degree is TRT. Any supplement you can buy is a scam, because if it actually elevated test it would be a controlled substance (i.e., prescription only).
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    AnvilHead wrote: »
    The only thing that will boost your test levels to any significant degree is TRT. Any supplement you can buy is a scam, because if it actually elevated test it would be a controlled substance (i.e., prescription only).

Yep. Go see your doctor to get TRT.
  • Rammer123
    Rammer123 Posts: 679 Member
    Options
    D-Asparic Acid
  • Rammer123
    Options
    Not going to be crazy but can help
  • Rammer123
    Options
    rdridi12 wrote: »
    D-Asparic Acid

Yeah, that looks like a great one.
    https://examine.com/supplements/d-aspartic-acid/
    There appears to be an increase in testosterone in most subjects acutely (6-12 days), and while this may persist to the tune of 30-60% in infertile men it is reduced to baseline within a month in otherwise healthy men with normal testosterone at baseline. However, high doses also seem to decrease free testosterone and total testosterone in resistance trained men.

He has low T so he's not an otherwise healthy man with normal testosterone and I wasn't saying to take high doses.
  • AnvilHead
    Options
    D-Asparic Acid

There appears to be an increase in testosterone in most subjects acutely (6-12 days), and while this may persist to the tune of 30-60% in infertile men it is reduced to baseline within a month in otherwise healthy men with normal testosterone at baseline. However, high doses also seem to decrease free testosterone and total testosterone in resistance trained men.

He has low T so he's not an otherwise healthy man with normal testosterone and I wasn't saying to take high doses.

Read the link. T-boost is temporary (studies show elevation for a week to a week and a half before returning to baseline). What good is a 10-day boost going to do for somebody who actually has chronically low T?
  • liftorgohome
    liftorgohome Posts: 25,455 Member
    Options
    TRT definitely. See if you can go on 500-600 per week of Test E. It will do wonders for you attitude and body.
  • Rammer123
    Options
    D-Asparic Acid

Read the link. T-boost is temporary (studies show elevation for a week to a week and a half before returning to baseline). What good is a 10-day boost going to do for somebody who actually has chronically low T?

It says for a male with normal T levels.
  • Poisonedpawn78
    Poisonedpawn78 Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options

He gets a small boost(if any) and then it stops working and his T falls down again. Now what?
  • AnvilHead
    Options
    D-Asparic Acid

Okay. So go ahead and post up the peer-reviewed studies showing that it's beneficial in the long term for men with diagnosed low T levels then.
  • TeamScorpioRI
    TeamScorpioRI Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    As others said, TRT is the only sure fire way to boost your testosterone. If you are diagnosed formally with this, the doctor will prescribe this for you.

I thought my T-levels were low so had it checked. I had no energy, and... ummm... other issues... Turns out, it was just normal decline with age. I started taking Nugenix and I found that helped me. I just got the regular dosage and it helped with my energy levels and... other issues.. as well.

Can't say if its legit or not, but its helped me. That's all I am saying.
  • Rammer123
    Options

He gets a small boost(if any) and then it stops working and his T falls down again. Now what?

Then you go off for a couple of days and go back on?

It's one of the few things that have shown to work
  • terryt1992
    terryt1992 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I got tested multiple times and they showed me the results and I def believe them because I had "other issues" also. I have to see the Endocrenoligist next month which is crazy I had to wait like 4 months to get in to see them. So basically I just need to wait to speak with them. Since I have starting lifting my "other issues" have gotten way better. Not 100% yet but a complete 360 from before
  • jseams1234
    jseams1234 Posts: 1,218 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    What are your levels? Bioavalable? Free? Total?

I was on the lower end of the spectrum - blood tests also showed low D levels - there is sometimes a correlation. Was prescribed D2 and now take 2000iu D3 a day. Last Test was June 1 and my T has gone up about 100.

TRT is a lifetime commitment. There is no going back. A couple of years on it and you won't ever produce your own again.

Edit: I drank a half gallon of whole milk a day and took a multi before the initial tests - but as we get older we have a harder time absorbing D.
  • WendyLeigh1119
    WendyLeigh1119 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    Well, definitely don't make matters worse by eating things that can elevate estrogen like soy and almonds, until you get thiss sorted out with your doctor.
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    jseams1234 wrote: »
    What are your levels? Bioavalable? Free? Total?

I was on the lower end of the spectrum - blood tests also showed low D levels - there is sometimes a correlation. Was prescribed D2 and now take 2000iu D3 a day. Last Test was June 1 and my T has gone up about 100.

TRT is a lifetime commitment. There is no going back. A couple of years on it and you won't ever produce your own again.

Edit: I drank a half gallon of whole milk a day and took a multi before the initial tests - but as we get older we have a harder time absorbing D.

Taking K2 along with D3 helps with bioavailabilty and absorbtion.
  • Geocitiesuser
    Geocitiesuser Posts: 1,429 Member
    Options
    terryt1992 wrote: »
    I have been diagnosed with with Low T and it has caused me tons of problems. I recently started lifting and I think it has gotten better. I have not had an official test since I started lifting. Anyone have anything that will for sure help boost my levels? I really think its taking a toll on my body I have no energy unless I am at the gym and I have not been able to bring my mood up lately.

Saturated fat. Green vegetables. Keep lifting. Make steak and eggs a part of your diet. Test is made out of cholesterol.