Weighing in the morning

Options
For those who weigh themselves daily or even weekly... do you still weigh yourself in the morning each day (or on your chosen once per week day) if you didn't have to "go" to the bathroom that morning?

Replies

• gamerbabe14
    gamerbabe14 Posts: 876 Member
    Options
    Yea, I do. I try to 'go' but sometimes I don't, oh well. Not that big of a deal in the long run.
  • junodog1
    junodog1 Posts: 4,792 Member
    Options
    Yes. I am not tracking that.

• whippedcargo893
    whippedcargo893 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Great, thanks guys! I know it was kind of a silly question... but I was just curious. :)
  • kgirlhart
    kgirlhart Posts: 4,977 Member
    Options
    Yes. I often don't "go" until after lunch. If you usually go in the morning and don't go one day and your weight is up a little, then you will understand where the fluctuation came from and know that is all it is.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    I always have to go midway through my first cup of coffee every single morning, so i wait to weigh til then. It doesn't make a big difference either way, maybe 100-300g lighter afterwards.
  • pcc0001
    pcc0001 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I always weigh myself first thing in the morning after I go to the washroom. I then track it daily then take the average for the week. Your weight is always going to fluctuate.
  • TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    If you don't have to go in the morning then it probably means you are somewhat dehydrated, so you are likely to have a slightly lower weight on those days.
  • CJ_Holmes
    CJ_Holmes Posts: 759 Member
    Options
    Erik8484 wrote: »
    Pro tip - weigh in the morning, then when or if you need to go later in the day, take a dump on a scale and subtract it from your morning weight. Log at the end of the day!

Hope this helps!

Dude.
  • thewindandthework
    thewindandthework Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I weigh every morning regardless of what happens in the bathroom. Sure, it's a variable, but it averages out. No big deal.
  • julieeck127
    julieeck127 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I do the 5:2 diet (super low cal 2 days a week and normal eating 5 days per week) and I only record my weight on the day after a "fast" day. I do that because I know I am more likely to get a consistent reading. I still weigh myself frequently in the morning as well just out of habit. I am starting to think once a month is the way to go. The fluctuations irritate me. ha ha.
  • orangegato
    orangegato Posts: 6,570 Member
    Options
    Don't obsess over scale numbers too much.
  • atjays
    atjays Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    Not worth it to stress whether or not you've delivered your food baby yet before weighing in. There are days where I weigh before AND after yet still weight MORE. The body is weird.
  • ValkyrieOnline
    ValkyrieOnline Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Yup! I do! I almost always have do to that each morning, but I joined a group where we weigh in every single day for 10 days and at the end of the 10 days we see how much we gained/lose/maintained. :)
  • trigden1991
    trigden1991 Posts: 4,658 Member
    Options
    Fasted, naked, after going to the toilet is the most consistent way to weigh.
  • STEVE142142
    STEVE142142 Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    Really doesn't matter whether you went to the bathroom we're not. What you have to remember is that your body weight is going to fluctuate from day to day it's not a static thing.

I have access to scales at work and as part of the education process I weighed myself different times it a day and under different conditions and my weight can vary as much as five pounds in a day. What you have to look at more is a trend over a long-term.
  • bbell1985
    bbell1985 Posts: 4,572 Member
    Options
    Not really. I have IBS and hate seeing the scale if it's..."been a few days".