Workout routine

Options
Hey everyone! I just want some opinions on my workout routine. I am lifting weights 3 times a week and doing HIIT cardio (30 sec sprint, 45 sec rest) for 15 min-4 times a week. I am also curious as to what activity level I would be at. I am on my feet half of the day without my workouts. Any input would be great!!! Thank you

Replies

• Luna3386
    Luna3386 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure 4 sessions of hiit is necessary. I'd swap out 2 of those for liss (low intensity steady state cardio), like walking.
  • ldwatene
    ldwatene Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    What are your goals?
  • es627
    es627 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    ldwatene wrote: »
    What are your goals?
    I really wanna lose body fat and maintain muscle/build muscle. I have a lot as it is but my body fat is pretty high!!
  • atjays
    atjays Posts: 798 Member
    Options
    Probably list your activity as moderate considering you're on your feet for work. I think that calculation isn't supposed to have exercise factored into it but I could be mistaken. I have a desk job and do 45 min of steady cardio 5-6 times a week and 3-4 days of lifting. I list my activity level as low due to my job and relatively sedentary lifestyle outside of the gym.
  • WendyLeigh1119
    WendyLeigh1119 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    I believe MFP offers "teachers" as an example of "lightly active". So if you think you do way more or less standing, sitting, and moving around than a teacher...that's your setting.