Adding canned beans to salads question

Options
Anyone add canned beans to plain salads? if so which are the best kind for a plain spring mix with chicken? Kidney beans, white beans, black beans? Which is your favorite in taste and do you have to cook them or just rinse and then toss in with salad? Thanks all!

Replies

• RedheadedPrincess14
    RedheadedPrincess14 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    I think chickpeas are good in sweet or vinegar based dressings and black beans are better in a creamy dressing or if you protein is Mexican flavored :)
  • Sunshine_And_Sand
    Sunshine_And_Sand Posts: 1,320 Member
    Options
    I like chick peas and black beans as well. You should be able to just rinse them and not have to cook them.
  • Moxie42
    Moxie42 Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    I like chickpeas (garbanzo beans) in salads, or black beans (and corn) if I'm making a Southwest kind of salad, which I loooooove.
  • boopster99
    boopster99 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I always throw in black beans and corn. I just rinse them and in they go. I find chickpeas a little tougher - they go into hummus!
  • musicfan68
    musicfan68 Posts: 1,136 Member
    Options
    I love black beans. As a matter of fact I just made a black bean/corn salad/salsa. Put some Rotel in since I didn't have any tomatoes, a little bit of olive oil/lime juice, cilantro and onion and I could eat the entire bowl!
  • hjg0989
    hjg0989 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I typically use chick peas and also regular frozen green peas.
  • kavahni
    kavahni Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    'Banzos and kidney beans. Just rinse.
  • litoria
    litoria Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    They're all good! Just make sure you rinse them well. Lentils are also a great addition to salad