Vegetarian high protein diet

Options
Being a vegetarian really struggling to achieve protein levels for the day. Ang suggestions?

Replies

• LisaEatSleepRun
    LisaEatSleepRun Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I add quite a bit of skim milk, cottage cheese & eggs into my day which really help to get protein levels up. I use protein powder and protein bars too, however, they aren't essential. I make chickpea and lentil curries with lots of veggies, and add tofu to stir-fry.
  • Rocbola
    Rocbola Posts: 1,998 Member
    Options
    SABoj wrote: »
    I incorporate plenty of lentils, beans, nuts & leafy greens to get my daily protein. Contrary to popular opinion, you don't need ridiculous amounts of protein. Just eat well - clean, non-processed, whole foods and plenty of veggies... good luck!

Totally agree with this.
  • dustbringer
    dustbringer Posts: 1,621 Member
    Options
    If you're not vegan, greek yogurt and eggs are good sources of protein.

Personally, I always keep Primal Strips in my purse and gym bag. They have 10-11g of protein for 74-99 calories. Thai Peanut is my favorite flavor, but I also really like Teriyaki, Hickory Smoke, and Texas BBQ. :)
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Eat less fruit so you can fit in the proteins.
  • everstrong55
    everstrong55 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    All kinds of beans, lol.
  • KristyDonovan
    KristyDonovan Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I have recently fallen in love with this edamame pasta from Costco that my dietician recommended. 25 grams of protein per serving! And it completely satiates my pasta cravings too! I also eat Greek yogurt, Seitan, and good old fashioned beans. I'm on a higher protein diet diet and am a vegetarian so I get where you are coming from. Good luck!
  • kammalkaile
    kammalkaile Posts: 2 Member
    Options

Thank you everyone for your suggestions. I'll incorporate your suggestions to my food diary.
  • Bigpuma100
    Bigpuma100 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    These are all great suggestions especially the edamame mentioned above.
  • PaigeInTechnicolor
    PaigeInTechnicolor Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    All above, plus sweet peas, soba noodles, green beans, nutritional yeast, tempeh, seitian, tofu, flax seeds, and wheatgerm.
  • Fataf99
    Fataf99 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    whey isolate