Try, Try, Try again

Options
Hello Everyone. ive been using MFP for 20 days and I'm enjoying it. but now im reaching out to see if I can get some friends who are also doing this.

I am a big guy, I don't know how big im scared to weigh myself. I know that knowing how much you are losing helps you stay motivated. but ive not needed that motivation so far.

I used to Run when i was single. I used to love running. I then started a relationship with my partner and she had 2 kids. life started to take over and running wasnt as much of an option so I started to Gym.and we both gymmed and that was all good and then she became pregnant with our first child together. gym took a side step for her and when she got very pregnant. i had to be around much more to help.

When she had the baby, we were tired a lot so gymming didn't come back to us until a year later. all the while i'm not gymming or running my weight goes up and when I go back to it, the weight drops again. but never enough to say i'm no longer 'fat'.

skip to the end:

We've just had twins and with 5 kids to look after we just don't have time full stop for gym or running. my weight is increasing and i want to take control. So i just decided to keep track of what i'm eating using this. I thought it would be harder. I love eating but its not too bad. I often find myself with plenty of calories at the end of the day.

Anyway I just thought i'd share this.

Anyone wants to add me feel free!

Replies

• p0sitiv3_vib3s
    p0sitiv3_vib3s Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm a mum of 5 and god do I know how much hard work that is! throw twins into the mix and wowzer! It takes far more planning and determination that what it normally would! If u don't feel comfortable weighing yet I would say don't bother I would go via measurements to start even just clothes trouser size and collar size. For exercise can u start by walking? Take babies out in pram every evening (also gives mum a break!) Eventually things will settle into a routine and u will find more time for exercise! Best of luck on your journey :)
  • joeysgirl10
    joeysgirl10 Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Hi i started a new group... fit, healthy, happy june 12-september 12... we are doing weigh ins, challenges and "dares" if you would like to join us feel free... im a busy mom of 3 girlies so i get the busy part! Good luck!