Bathing suit weather

Options
DailyGroomer
DailyGroomer Posts: 93 Member
edited June 2017 in Motivation and Support
Ok..here it goes. I have always been incredibly self conscious about my legs. They have always been "thick. I gained 60 lbs with the pregnancy of my 2 yr old. I lost 50 of those lbs. I have been going to the gym 3/wk for the last 6 months. I have not lost any weight but feel as though I've tones up. I am terrified to wear a bathing suit and afraid people will stare at me. I was bullied in elementary school and it sticks with me. I have worn long pants and maxi dresses to hide my legs my entire life. The only time I wore short dresses in the last 20 years was on a cruise in the Caribbean.

Here is what I look like now, I do not have any before pictures unfortunately.55usra6pdbwq.jpg
xjhagg0adhp4.jpg
ls4s7p12ju1n.jpg

Replies

• jayjohnson1320
    jayjohnson1320 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Don't be self conscious you look great!!! Keep doing what your doing and keep the focus on you and not the detractors.
  • jessicagreen1828
    jessicagreen1828 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    You rock that suit! I struggle to accept my legs/thighs but just think how much they do to get you around everyday! You're doing great!
  • zeta1920
    zeta1920 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    You look great. Keep up the good work! I'm working out daily and the scale hasn't.
  • BeccaLoves2lift
    BeccaLoves2lift Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    I agree you look great! Keep with it!
  • DailyGroomer
    Options
    You rock that suit! I struggle to accept my legs/thighs but just think how much they do to get you around everyday! You're doing great!

I keep trying to tell myself that but it doesn't help me much
  • DezYaoified
    DezYaoified Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    You look great. My legs are large too but not even half that smooth! You own that suit!
  • dawson002
    dawson002 Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    nothing wrong with your legs.....you look great.
  • DailyGroomer
    Options
    Thank you for all of the kind comments
  • sllm1
    sllm1 Posts: 2,114 Member
    Options
    Adorable suit! Rock it, girl! Truthfully, I only catch myself staring at people on the beach who wear clothes instead of swimsuits, and that's because I feel bad for them. Who wants to get in the ocean in shorts and a t-shirt? I love it when people rock the body they have in a swimsuit. Be proud!

• neldabg
    neldabg Posts: 1,452 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Wow. You look great! That bathing suit fits you so well. When it comes to compliments and such, I heed the advice, "If you have anything nice to say, don't say it at all," so when I say you look great, I genuinely mean it. :)
    Even if you haven't lost any weight, you've done well sticking to a workout routine. Progress is not always determined by the number on the scale.
  • Pupslice
    Pupslice Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    That's a nice suit, it fits you well and you look great in it!
  • gamerbabe14
    gamerbabe14 Posts: 876 Member
    Options
    You have a great figure! Love the suit!
  • kenyonhaff
    kenyonhaff Posts: 1,377 Member
    Options
    You look fine. Go to the beach. Take walks and swim and enjoy.

Really, nearly everyone feels a little vulnerable at the beach because 99% of us aren't swimsuit models.
  • scarlett_k
    scarlett_k Posts: 812 Member
    Options
    I wish I had legs like yours! I have had chunky legs since I put on weight as a child and I know the feeling of being insecure about them. The only way you'll get better about it is to go for it :)
  • SafioraLinnea
    SafioraLinnea Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    You are gorgeous and that suit accentuates your lovely figure. Trust me when I say that the vast majority of people at the pool/lake/beach are just as self conscious as you are about something.

I personally think you have lovely shapely legs. They look super strong. Mine have loose skin on them and look a little lacklustre and pathetic. I would love to have your legs.
  • DailyGroomer
    Options
    You are gorgeous and that suit accentuates your lovely figure. Trust me when I say that the vast majority of people at the pool/lake/beach are just as self conscious as you are about something.

I personally think you have lovely shapely legs. They look super strong. Mine have loose skin on them and look a little lacklustre and pathetic. I would love to have your legs.

Thank you so much for the kind words :) I try to tell myself that almost everyone has something about themselves that they dont like.
  • Tabbycat00
    Tabbycat00 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    You look amazing and I love the suit. I wish you could see yourself the way others do, I'm sure if you could you'd see how stunning you really look. Enjoy your summer.
  • DailyGroomer
    Options
    Tabbycat00 wrote: »
    You look amazing and I love the suit. I wish you could see yourself the way others do, I'm sure if you could you'd see how stunning you really look. Enjoy your summer.

Thank you for the kind words
  • sammyjo0218
    sammyjo0218 Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    You look awesome! Show off your hard work done in the suit! look very cute