Cycling

Options
Any riders here? My wife and I try to go for a 10 mile bike ride 2-3 times a week. We use Strava to track our rides and are in a Strava group called Green Monkee Cycling.

https://www.strava.com/clubs/gmcy

Replies

• NorthCascades
    NorthCascades Posts: 10,970 Member
    Options
    Did a recovery ride last night, hill repeats on the calendar tonight.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,874 Member
    Options
    I ride generally 4-5x per week.
  • mca90guitar
    mca90guitar Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I only mountain bike, so usually I get out on the weekends. Love it
  • Steff46
    Steff46 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    I road bike 3x a week :) During the winter I hop on the MTB! Love my bikes!
  • BPCycler
    BPCycler Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone!

99% of my rides are trails. Love the scenery especially. Once or twice a month we'll do a big group ride of about 20 miles.
  • sjaplo
    sjaplo Posts: 974 Member
    Options
    Currently training for a sprint tri - did 14.5 miles Saturday.
  • NorthCascades
    Options
    I'm a roadie. Every now and then I get to go somewhere nice and rent an MTB, but for the most part I go somewhere nice and bring my road bike.

26892109234_eec7171d7f_o_d.jpg
  • Carl_Carlson
    Carl_Carlson Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I have been riding at a local county park, newly paved and totally flat. 7 times around is 100 Km Although the park has a reputation for being haunted, except for one incident, I have only seen deer, hogs, alligators and wild turkeys.

72a0nrfbxq9u.jpeg
  • JetJaguar
    JetJaguar Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    I ride 5x per week. In the summer I alternate between road and mountain bike. In the winter when it's dark by the time I get home from work, I ride road on the weekend and throw a set of lights on the mountain bike and ride at night during the week.

I'm in Florida, so I don't ride anyplace scenic. Road rides are on rural roads, orange groves and cattle farms as far as the eye can see. My home mountain bike trail is singletrack through the jungle, some of which is along a river (yes, there are alligators in there).
  • NorthCascades
    Options
    Did my VO2max hill repeats today. Met the man with the hammer.

Merckx-man-with-the-hammer-LR.jpg
  • Steff46
    Steff46 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    I did an hour of hill repeats yesterday and I think I saw the Hammer guy too! Plus some deer and a snake :#
  • BPCycler
    Options
    I'm a roadie. Every now and then I get to go somewhere nice and rent an MTB, but for the most part I go somewhere nice and bring my road bike.

Beautiful shot man!
  • BPCycler
    Options
    JetJaguar wrote: »
    I ride 5x per week. In the summer I alternate between road and mountain bike. In the winter when it's dark by the time I get home from work, I ride road on the weekend and throw a set of lights on the mountain bike and ride at night during the week.

I'm in Florida, so I don't ride anyplace scenic. Road rides are on rural roads, orange groves and cattle farms as far as the eye can see. My home mountain bike trail is singletrack through the jungle, some of which is along a river (yes, there are alligators in there).

I'd like to do some road riding but drivers in my city are idiots. They have no respect for cyclists. The city is trying to make it a more cyclist friendly place but putting bike lanes in some areas and paintings on the roads indicating bicycles can use it too. Only time will tell if these attempts help.
  • BPCycler
    edited June 2017
    Options
    Don't know if anyone is near Harper's Ferry, but that's where my group will be riding this Saturday. Should be starting by 4pm. Anyone close enough that can make it is free to join.

https://www.strava.com/clubs/197302/group_events/179302
  • allaboutthecake
    allaboutthecake Posts: 1,531 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/344-bicycling-road-and-mountain

Great group of cyclists. Usually drama and snarky free, too!

I ride about 5-6 days a week. I run an enormous of amount of daylight bright DiNotte Lights on my bike for that reason. I'm not fast, but I eventually get there is my motto!
  • jjpptt2
    jjpptt2 Posts: 5,650 Member
    Options
    bikes > people