Fitbit Charge 2 question

Options
Who has the charge 2 and do you like it?

Replies

• gerla_k
    gerla_k Posts: 495 Member
    edited June 2017
    Options
    I have charge 2 however I only wear it during workouts and runs. Just for the purpose of seeing how many calories I burned.
    I have it since March and so far I like it. No issues.
  • sumkay02
    sumkay02 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I am just now researching them. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    I really just want to have one to have a more accurate calorie burned number, rather than guessing on a lot of my workouts. It's not something I want to wear all the time and I don't want to spend a lot of money either.
  • MsHarryWinston
    MsHarryWinston Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    I have it and I love it. I wear it 24/7 except for when I shower. I've only had it for a few weeks so I'm still determining the accuracy of calorie burn for me.
  • alkight84
    alkight84 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    My husband loved his. I have the blaze and love it!
  • missh1967
    missh1967 Posts: 661 Member
    Options
    sumkay02 wrote: »
    I really just want to have one to have a more accurate calorie burned number, rather than guessing on a lot of my workouts. It's not something I want to wear all the time and I don't want to spend a lot of money either.

How about something like a Polar heart rate monitor to use only during workouts? I really like mine, and I would trust its accuracy more than a fitness tracker.
  • gerla_k
    gerla_k Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    sumkay02 wrote: »

The most accurate ones are chest strap heart rate monitors. I recommend Polar FT4. I have it for years and it's still going strong.
  • jayleeskinner
    jayleeskinner Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    @MsHarryWinston do you find the size okay? I was trying to decide between thus one and the alta HR. I love Fitbit for all of the fun challenges I do with friends:)
  • mmapags
    mmapags Posts: 8,934 Member
    Options
    I've had one for about a month. I like it and it seems fairly accurate.
  • jayleeskinner
    Options
    Nice!! I
  • dalerst
    dalerst Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I'be got the blaze which I think is very good, not sure how accurate the calorie counter is but then how do you know any of them are!!
  • PinkNinjaLaura
    PinkNinjaLaura Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    I have it and wear it most of the time. At least for me, the HRM is erratic when I workout - anything over a HR of 130 and it becomes less reliable. I'll use it for casual walks or yoga, but for anything more intense than that I use my Garmin with a chest strap HRM.
  • jayleeskinner
    Options
    Thanks everyone
  • laurenebargar
    laurenebargar Posts: 3,081 Member
    Options
    I've had one a little over a month, it seems very accurate for me, I was super worried at first about eating any of the adjustment calories, but I have been and i'm still losing steadily. I wear mine 24/7 besides showering and its been a great tool for me. The challenges are awesome, and ive lost more weight since ive gotten it then I did previously, most likely because its been motivating me but still I believe it is totally worth it. Also I love that you can change the band lol it feels like a new fitness tracker everytime I change the band
  • MsHarryWinston
    MsHarryWinston Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    @MsHarryWinston do you find the size okay? I was trying to decide between thus one and the alta HR. I love Fitbit for all of the fun challenges I do with friends:)

I was really worried about the size, I thought it would look too bulky. The Alta looked so dainty and feminine, but the Charge 2 actually looks GREAT. It's not overpowering at all. Now I have big hands so that might help its great. And you can get some lovely elegant metal replacement bands on Amazon it you want. But no, the face isn't to big.
  • HermanLily
    HermanLily Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I've had mine since Christmas, and also have a workout tracker that is extremely accurate. They are both comparable. I love my Charge 2 for motivation and sync it to MFP, between the two I have great information at my disposal. I think if you get 1 you won't be sorry.
  • janejellyroll
    janejellyroll Posts: 25,763 Member
    Options
    I've had mine for a couple of weeks now (I got it to replace a Charge HR that finally died). I like it. Tracking compares to my Charge HR, which was very accurate for me.