Carb counting

Options
valsxy
valsxy Posts: 1 Member
Hello, I am tracking carbs fat and protein. Does this app report net carbs or does it report carbs totals?

Replies

• TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Net carbs aren't requirements on US food labels.....so it's just carbs.
  • need2belean
    need2belean Posts: 356 Member
    Options
    valsxy wrote: »
    Hello, I am tracking carbs fat and protein. Does this app report net carbs or does it report carbs totals?

Just subtrack the fiber from the total carbs in your head. There's a way for MFP to track net carbs on the web version but not the app. It's called tampermonkey on Chrome.
  • BedsideTableKangaroo
    BedsideTableKangaroo Posts: 736 Member
    Options

i put the carb and fiber columns right next to each other so i can quickly calculate net.
  • ankank2
    ankank2 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I used to have the micronutrients columns before when I linked at my daily diary but not anymore. I don't know how to get that back it was useful
  • inertiastrength
    inertiastrength Posts: 2,343 Member
    Options
    If you're using Google Chrome there is an add on that will. I"ve not used it but I added the add on for macros to the gram on another poster's recommendation and I saw net carbs add on was an option.
  • taughc
    taughc Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    When looking up a food, say broccoli, search for 'Broccoli net carbs.' There may be an entry with that item listed. If not, you'll have to create a food.

All items, unless specified as net carb, are listed with their US label standard: total carbs and the quantity of those carbs that are fiber. To get net carbs, subtract fiber from the total carbs. Example:

Total carbs: 10g
    Fiber: 2g
    Net carbs: 8g