New to site

ohgunnis
ohgunnis Posts: 2
edited September 30 in Introduce Yourself
Hello, I just started myfitnesspall yesterday..IT was a really stressful day at work and I really messed up on my diet...I am hoping something well help keep me motivated.. I need to lose weight to feel good about myself..I am at the beginning of diabeties and high blood pressure..I watched my mother go through a very painful situation with these problems and do not want to follow in her steps.. Hope everyone has a great day .

Replies

• Today is a new day! You can do it : )
  • Hi there, I am relatively new to this site too and finding it very useful, especially the contact with other fellow dieters.

I have a similar situation to you. My mother had type 2 diabetes, high blood pressure and multiple strokes resulting in confinement to a wheelchair for the last 10 years of her life. I finally got the realisation that unless I changed my poor diet and exercise habits I would end up the same and it has really helped spur me on. I am not going down the same path and neither should you so keep on going - all the effort will be worth it in the long run.

Take care,
    Janet
This discussion has been closed.