Picky Eating Veggie Hater

Options
Anyone out there who doesn't like Veggies - How do you get your daily servings??? I've tried V8 and ugh it's so gross my gag reflex reacts... Any advice to sneak veggies into my life?

Replies

• mlemonroe2
    mlemonroe2 Posts: 603
    Options
    try naked juices. they put fruits and veggies into their juices and it's 100% real fruits and veggies and not from concentrate. they are thick like a shake and filling. blue machine is my fav!!!!!!!
  • Nikki_is_Knotty
    Nikki_is_Knotty Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I have heard of people shredding it up and hiding in lasagna, burgers, etc. Never tried it tho. Ive just learned to like (some) veggies. It was a challenge but id eat celery with PB, or carrots with ranch, or broccoli with pasta.
  • sonalily
    sonalily Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    any vegetables? tomatoes are sweet tasting, sweet red peppers, salads with lots of dressing ( i dont like salad much either the dressings help)
    puree cooked carrots and such into sauces: lots of cookbooks out there about hiding veggies in meals for kids which i think are great for adults too
    dont give up on fruit, they give you a ton of fibre and antioxidents as well.
  • biddysaurus
    biddysaurus Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I love my juicer! It's amazing how many servings of veggies I can get in there and with the addition of some apples, etc the juice is sweet. There's lots of juicing recipes on the internet too. I don't know how much juicers are (mine was a gift) but I highly recommend them!
  • lolainlondon
    lolainlondon Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Cut them up very small and put them into foods you like. Over time, make the pieces bigger until they are normal sized bits of veg. Some things you just have to work at. I was allowed to be picky as a child and it took a long time to learn to enjoy vegetables.
  • christinaburns
    Options
    There are also multivitamins loaded with veggies, that's another option if you REALLY hate them. :)
  • cassondraragan
    cassondraragan Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    finely shredded carrots can cook well in hamburger meats dishes etc.
  • adrehe
    adrehe Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I am not really in the category of veggie hater I am quite the opposite but I do find it quite helpful to hide veggies in everyday dishes to up hte veggie intake of my son and husband. I put finely shredded carrots in almost all of my tomato based foods like spaghetti. It is'nt a noticable change in flavor plus it helps reduce the acidy taste of the tomatos.
  • InStabilityKills
    Options
    Thank you everyone! There are some good ideas in there I am going to try. Pretty much all I like when it comes to veggies are celery and Spinach Dip, no Spinach but the dip lol..
  • suzooz
    suzooz Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Cauliflower can mask as several things: you can shred it, combine it with mozzarella cheese and use it as a pizza crust. (the exact recipe is on this site). I have also pureed it and combined it with Light cream cheese to mask as mashed potatoes with sour cream. And then there's the cauliflower rice, that I use for a base for my "chinese" take out.