Female over 60 struggling to lose weight new to fitnessPal

Options
I need help. I feel like I eat like a bird! but obviously not since I dont lose. I think ive tried every diet avenue and just end up yo-yoing. It does get very frustrating. I hope i can become more aware of what i need to do by joining fitnesspals comminity.

Replies

• Luna3386
    Luna3386 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    Get a food scale and measuring all solid and semi solid foods.

Eat what mfp says to eat.
  • Numericmama373
    Numericmama373 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Standardizing most meals helps. It cuts down on the weighing work.
  • dianafitnesspal
    dianafitnesspal Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thanks so much for your input. I do like to measure and weigh foods to keep track. I will definitly start doing that again. I'll be keeping a diary again too. I find that to be very revealing.
  • Pearlsss
    Pearlsss Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hello Diana, am in the same boat, just turned 60, was thin my entire life until menopause, like barely 100 lbs, now am in the obese category ... was also in a serious car wreck a few years ago, so am a little limited on how active I can be. It's my hope that tracking what I eat & how much I exercise will help, along w/ community support. I have the Apple Health App too, nothing seems to work ... also I cannot go to bed hungry, or I do not sleep, then feel even worse in the morning, so is like a vicious cycle ... Let's Do This!
  • dianafitnesspal
    dianafitnesspal Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Yes, me too, right next to the obese category. Im going to try and have salads for my lunches for a while just to see if i can shake up the " lose weight button" in my body. I included today a fruit bowl of sliced 1/2 apple and 1/2 banana. I wish for you to have ease on being able to move more. Maybe you could try a cup of pop corn before your bedtime?