Weight Loss and Cup Size o.O;;

Options
I was just checking my measurements and my band size is down to a 36 for a bra. This would be a "yay", but my cup size is still a DDD. It's hard enough finding 38DDD (luckily the ones I have seem to still fit well enough) sizes. The 36DDD is going to royally suck. I'm trying to lose a pretty good chunk of weight, so I'm hoping to shrink a cup size or more, but even when I was 14 and on swim team, I was teetering between a C and a D cup. By the time I was 15 and had gained some weight after quitting swim team, I was a D cup for sure, and after I had my baby, I jumped up to a DD. Then, with all my weight gain in my early 20s, I flew up to the DDD I am now. I have hated my boobs all my life. Someone pleeease tell me she's had success with cup size reduction after significant weight loss. /cry

Replies

• godroxmysox
    godroxmysox Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    Most people have lost cup sizes, but I bring bad news =( I, like you, have always been large-chested. I'm down 54lbs and still in the same cup size. It depends on the person though, so maybe you'll be one of the lucky ones!
  • foxxybrown
    foxxybrown Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    If you are naturally top heavy, then that will be the hardest place for you to lose with. If you were almost at D at 14, I'd say that you'll be at least a D after your weight loss unless you have a reduction.
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    I developed quite early in life and have always had big breasts. When I was in year 6 I was a D (and this was at a size 8 clothing). Ever since losing about 7.5 kilos from 97-89/88 I have gone from a G to a DD. Don't worry there is hope for you :)
  • zml_mom
    zml_mom Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I didn't start loosing in my chest area until I had lost about 60 lbs and I wear a 40DDD as well, I only have 20 to my goal and 30 to my ultimate goal weight and then I am having a breast reduction.

do you have a lane bryant where you live? they have bra's that size
  • aroman619
    aroman619 Posts: 4
    Options
    I have always had larger ones for my frame growing up. Everyone always thought they were fake. The last time I attempted to loose weight (which I gained back plus about 10 lbs) They were one of the first things to go down. This time I have only been watching what I eat and working out for about a month so far and have only lost about 9 lbs but I thought I had noticed them getting slightly smaller and my boyfriend said the same thing. His sister started loosing weight about a year ago and she lost it other places first and then started seeing hers go down. They will go down, maybe not as far as you would ultimately like them too since they have always been larger but as the weight comes off some will come off there also it my just take some time depending on where your body looses weight first, everyone has it come off differently.
  • dawbygirl
    dawbygirl Posts: 19
    Options
    I'd settle for a DD, but the thought of a D cup puts me in a happy place, thanks. :P

I do have a Lane Bryant near me and I can find good 38DDD bras at their online store, though the ones in my size are few and far between if I physically walk into the store and the clerks usually try to convince me that a 40DD is exactly the same. Do they have 36 bands? I have never seen them in the store, but maybe I will be able to find them online.
  • godroxmysox
    Options
    I'd settle for a DD, but the thought of a D cup puts me in a happy place, thanks. :P

I do have a Lane Bryant near me and I can find good 38DDD bras at their online store, though the ones in my size are few and far between if I physically walk into the store and the clerks usually try to convince me that a 40DD is exactly the same. Do they have 36 bands? I have never seen them in the store, but maybe I will be able to find them online.

36 band size is the lowest they carry which is why I can't shop there =(
  • dawbygirl
    dawbygirl Posts: 19
    Options

Bahahaha, I'm pretty sure an inability to shop at Lane Bryant is not a sadface fact. =P
  • godroxmysox
    Options

Bahahaha, I'm pretty sure an inability to shop at Lane Bryant is not a sadface fact. =P

It's only a sad face because I cannot find bras in my size, lol
  • BerryH
    BerryH Posts: 4,698 Member
    Options
    Bra sizes are a freak of nature. I've definitely got smaller, but I've gone from a 38DD to a 36E!!! And I still look small-chested!