Big boned gal going thru menopause

Options
I have lost little over 30 pnds in little over two months on dieting I see it only in my tummy,I haven't lost none in thighs n flabby arms or double chin idk what else to do I have slowed down on my workouts (walks n squat settings) due to kiddos r on summer break n due to my spinal fusion it hurts alot, is there n e suggestions to what I can do bout these thighs?

Replies

• PinkCuddleMonster
    PinkCuddleMonster Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    When I did research into this for myself I read that running is the way to reduce thighs.
  • Muana1005
    Muana1005 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Walk slower but longer. I'm pear shaped - running didn't transform my body, walking 5-10 miles slowly did as I was able to sustain it long enough to get the 200-500 cal burn.
  • nancybuss
    nancybuss Posts: 1,461 Member
    Options
    ^^^ +1 for Vismal
    For me, its the tummy I lose from last - my thighs are fine. We are all made different.
    Focus on good foods. Kids being home is more reason to be out Playing! (depends on their ages) Walk with them, get involved in what they like. Keep Moving.
    Congrats on what you've done so far.
    This is a journey and Lifestyle, not a sprint.
    You have your body for life, appreciate it. Feed it well, move what you can, sorry on the back problems - do what is good for the back.

• lucypstacy
    lucypstacy Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I'm in sort of the same boat. I've lost weight off my stomach, but my poor arms and thighs are still hanging on to the flab. Sadly, that's just the way it goes. All you can do is to keep at it. I know those will be the last places I'll lose but, if I keep at it, I will lose it.
  • nowine4me
    nowine4me Posts: 3,985 Member
    Options
    OP- I've lost 75# and am just a smaller version of myself. Still have huge thighs, just not AS huge. Do as much as you are able for exercise and count those calories.
  • spiriteagle99
    spiriteagle99 Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options
    To tighten the muscles in your arms and legs, you need to be doing some exercise. Do body weight exercise, or get some hand weights. Go out with the kids on walks, hikes, bike rides, swimming, etc. Take them to the gym if it's allowed. If it's hot, go out after supper.
  • vismal
    vismal Posts: 2,463 Member
    Options
    To tighten the muscles in your arms and legs, you need to be doing some exercise. Do body weight exercise, or get some hand weights. Go out with the kids on walks, hikes, bike rides, swimming, etc. Take them to the gym if it's allowed. If it's hot, go out after supper.
    You can't "tighten up" muscles in the arms and legs. Muscles really only do two things, they can get bigger or they can get smaller. Using weights to train muscles will provide increases to strength and perhaps size. I say perhaps because the OP will be in a calorie deficit if her goal is fat loss. Muscles generally do not get larger in a deficit but they can if a few conditions exist. Those new to training, the obese, teenagers, and those using PEDs can generally grow muscles while in a calorie deficit. I assume the OP is not a teenager or using drugs but she may or may not be obese or new to weight training. If either or both of those things are true she can see some mild muscle growth despite the calorie deficit. Regardless, it is usually a good idea to do resistance training to preserve muscle tissue. While this won't make her muscles "tighter" it generally produces a more aesthetic physique (this of course depends on what one considers aesthetic) once the desired amount of fat is lost when compared to someone who does no resistance training. So while in general resistance training is very much a good thing for those concerned with losing fat, it does not spot reduce fat, cause muscles to "tighten" or "tone" or anything of that nature.

• mommachristel1984
    mommachristel1984 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for the advice :)
    I think I will continue my squats I do to the best of my ability like I said I have a spinal fusion so it's hard to do some excersises,I do go for walks with the kiddos about 2 miles only with them by myself I do 6 miles usually every three days....